im sick

Posted: 25-Mar-2002 12:02 AM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about im sick within the Strongman & Power Lifting category.

Excerpt: i was training good, everything was fine. and then all of a sudden last sunday i woke up with a sore throat. it hurts to swallow. but ive lost 10 pounds. i can barely eat or drink anything. but would i gain the weight back fairly quick. it es me off to work my ass off and then i get sick and watch it all vanish. its been a week. im goin to the doct...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

im sick

Announcement by George Spellwin: Putting Ben Pakulski's Hypertrophy Max Program on Steroids

Hypertrophy Max Now Accepting New Members Now Until Midnight July 25th - Closing Down In:

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

im sick

Old 25-Mar-2002, 12:02 AM   #1

i was training good, everything was fine. and then all of a sudden last sunday i woke up with a sore throat. it hurts to swallow. but ive lost 10 pounds. i can barely eat or drink anything. but would i gain the weight back fairly quick. it es me off to work my ass off and then i get sick and watch it all vanish. its been a week. im goin to the doctor for it finally.
Gallery of ironpipes47  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 25-Mar-2002, 12:18 AM   #2

You will not lose muscle that quickly. You've likely lost alot of water, and yes you'll gain it back.

Hope you feel better soon!
Gallery of spatts  
Proud Supporter of EliteFitness.com! Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 25-Mar-2002, 03:16 AM   #3

minor speed hump/set back......in the grand scheme of things a week of being sick wont hurt your goals too much.

look at all the pro benchers tearing triceps and pecs......coming back and smashing records. (i myself have torn tendons and ligaments.....and come back 6 weeks later perfectly normal)
getting sick is nothing compaired to hard tissue damage

(a few months ago) I had gastro enteritis (sp?) where i was hospitalised because i couldnt drink/eat and had shat and vomited all the water and acids out of my body. i had lost up to 25lbs over the week because i could only eat chicken noodle soup and gatoraid.

here i am now a few kilos lighter...but a lot stronger

you will come back dont fret...depends how sick you get will determine your "comeback"
Gallery of endpoint  

Old 25-Mar-2002, 12:24 PM   #4

Here's what I did I got sick on sunday the 17th which was the day after my meet so I had already taken a week off to rest well guess what I took this whole week off to rest and today was my first day back to training. Although while I was sick I know how it is you don't feel like eating anything right now I stil feel a lil ty after my workout and I wasn't as strong or as fast so i just decreased the weight a lil and speed did go down well it'll comeback shortly. Dude if your that sick it is better just to take the time you need off of liftin hopefully it's a week or so and you don't have any meets soon(within a month or so). So just take them off. I went ahead and since I didn't feel like eatin alot of whole foods and I knew liquid had alot to do with it I drank alot of shakes(the cubanito shake, the best round).
Gallery of Cubanito17