Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I posted this on diet boards and figured i'd ask on here too

Cubanito17

Diet for getting stronger, but having to drop weight????
Hey guys I'm a powerlifter and of course my goals are to get stronger so I can't really get on a diet that will hurt my strength. Although I have a problem I have to drop 10lbs and keep it off so I thought by cutting my carbs some(50g/day) I would start dropping some weight well I was wrong i didn't now I have about 3 weeks to drop this weight and keep it off. So what can I do right now this is what my diet looks like in the morning I drink a protein shake 51g/carbs 68g/protein 0g/fat. Then 2 hours later i'll eat a protein bar 2.5g/carbs 21g/protein 5g/fat. then in 2 hours later i'll have another bar 7g/carbs 30g/protein 8g/fat. then in an hour i'll eat 2 PB all natural sandwhichs which has 70g/carbs 25g/protein 16g/fat. then 3hours later i'll have another bar 7g/carbs 30g/protein 8g/fat. then before a workout about 1 1/2 hours later i'll eat a carb bar 48g/carbs 7g/fat and 6g/protein then i'll do my workout about 1- 1 1/2 hour workout maximum then 1 1/2 hours after workout i'll eat a steak or chicken which is about 50g/protein somewhere around there. That is my daily diet on the weekends it changes a little but if I really want it too it can stay just like this throughout the whole week. My stats are 5 8 176lbs 8%BF I have to weigh 165lbs to compete in that weight class. And I cannot afford to lose weight.

Some questions I have is it better to eat every 2 hours or 3 to speed up metabolism???? Is eating to many supplements like bars, shakes not a good thing and should I at least have my normal 3 meals in the day??? Last question is should i only eat 1g/per lb of protein and whatever amount of carbs and low fat if I want to get stronger or will this put weight on me????

Thanx in advance for any replys.
One thing that i will be doing is after april 10 my last meet for the school is train at 185lbs around there give or take a few lbs and come around next year when I start competing for real do my diet which I can lose 10lbs in one day or just carb deplete that book of JM's has some ways in there to control weight most of the stuff I knew and I'm sure most of you do just it has specifics and how much you can lose.

I eat every 3 hours or so, but that is because I get hungry that often. Unless you are a very high level wrestler, I think it is a very bad idea for a person your age and bodyfat level to be pulling weight.

Big people lift big weights. Just eat as much and as often as you can tolerate, and lift in whatever class you end up in. You are much bigger than I was at your age, at about the same height, and I currently weigh in the 220-230 range and am 10 years older than you.

As far as strength goes, nutrition is highly overrated. Eat plenty of protein, and beyond that, just make sure you are eating a bunch. Eat when you are hungry. If you want to get big and strong, also eat when you are not hungry. If you want to get strong without getting much bigger, eat a little cleaner, by that I mean eat more protein, less simple carbs, and plenty of fiber.

To bodybuilders nutrition is very very high priority, but honestly there have been some amazing feats of strength done by guys with a diet that would kill a grizzly bear. In fact I am remembering a guy I knew a few years ago named Kevin Beer, who was a great bench presser, well over 400 lbs in the 165's, and all that guy ate was cereal. No bullshit, he made weight by eating nothing but cereal with skim milk.

Proper training is much more important than proper nutrition. According to Louie Simmons when questioned about nutrition, he says "cholesterol turns into testosterone".

Nuff said.

I answered you on the diet board about this but I dont know if your read it or not. LOL it might not even be what your looking for but if you havent been over there to read it yet its there.

Thanks brian I'm the same way I always have to eat. Now about my weight class I made 2 goals for myself one was to make states in my high school lifting in the 168 weight class. and the second was to break the record in the 165lb weight class at age of 19 the current record is 1375total and at the moment I total 955lbs. So I need a good 450lbs I know thats a little over but with westside I know I can do it. So wish me luck and after I break that record in the teens then my next plan is to break it in the juniors not sure about this one but I know in the teens I can do it.

By the way, as I went over to the diet board to check your post, if you use any sort of diuretic, even an over the counter one, at your age, in March I will slap the shit out of you. You are too young to be screwing around with this sort of thing. If you have to, drop your carbs to make weight, as this can drastically reduce the amount of water you are holding without reducing blood plasma levels or fucking up your mineral and electrolyte balance.

Yes, like many others I have used diuretics to make weight, but then I was monitored by a team physician, and somehow I doubt that you are. While OTC diuretics are far less hazardous than prescreption diuretics, this does not mean that you should be experimenting.

If you cannot make weight without this much effort and it is hurting your lifts, it is time to move up a weight class. At your age, you should be concerned about getting bigger and stronger, not getting weaker and smaller. Even in the early Soviet literature, it is clearly stated that the worst thing a young athlete can do is to restrict his weight.

Listen to Arioch!!!!

He is very smart. And I am not just saying that because he is telling you the same thing I am, namely get bigger to get stronger. Look at his posts carefully, he really knows what he is talking about. Get bigger and lift bigger. Good luck. And don't use any damn diuretics, I did not realize you were considering that. Very bad idea. You have to realize that because you are on this board and are a contributing member of our little society, you have a lot of big brothers all over the country now. Arioch will have everyone's blessing for stomping a mudhole in your ass if you do things to hurt yourself or your future. You won't be setting records at 27 or 37 if you ruin yourself in your teens.

B

Aigh well Arioch unless u read it on another thread once I find out everything about competing I will be competing come this March in the meet and I'm not gonna worry about this weight class I'll most likely be in 181 cuz i weigh 180 right now. I wanted to be in the 165 but that's cool I'll compete in the 168 for school I know how to get down with the carb depleting but for this meet I wanna go all out.

Top Bottom