I need opinions for my new Strenght/Size for PL and BB

Posted: 23-Mar-2002 12:57 AM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about I need opinions for my new Strenght/Size for PL and BB within the Strongman & Power Lifting category.

Excerpt: Sup fellas, I'm about to start my first cycle this monday and I need opinions regarding the routine that i'll be using.. I need mass and strenght; that's why i've decided to incorporate some PL moves and principles.. Mon Back/Bi's: Deads 3x5, 3x3 (core) Bent Rows 3x8 (semi-core) High Pulls 3x10(assistance) Pull ups 3 x failure (assistance) ...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 23-Mar-2002, 12:57 AM   #1

Sup fellas, I'm about to start my first cycle this monday and I need opinions regarding the routine that i'll be using.. I need mass and strenght; that's why i've decided to incorporate some PL moves and principles..

Mon
Back/Bi's:
Deads 3x5, 3x3 (core)
Bent Rows 3x8 (semi-core)
High Pulls 3x10(assistance)
Pull ups 3 x failure (assistance)
BB Curl 3 x8
Reverse BB Curl 2 x 10

Tues.
Cardio 30min
weighted crunches /w a gym ball 3 x 15
medicine ball throw 3 x 12

Wed.
Chest/Tri/Shoulders:
Flat Bench: 3x5, 2x3 (core)
Military: 4x5 (semi core)
Incline DB's: 3x8-10 (assistance)
Dips 3xfailure (assistance)
Close Grip Bench 3x8
Rope Pushdown 2x10

Thurs.
Cardio 30min
Reverse hyper extension 4x12

Fri.
Legs/Hams:
Squats 3x8, 3 x5 (core)
Good Mornings 4x8 (semi-core)
Leg Press 3x10 (ass.) - What would be a good exercise instead of this since i'll be training at home? SLDL?
Leg Curl 2x8
Calf raises 2 x 12
Weighted crunches 2 x 15

Can someone please illustrate how high pulls r properly executed? pictures/videos would be a great help..

thanks ya'll
Gallery of MaCPiMP1n  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 23-Mar-2002, 01:33 AM   #2

looks pretty good bro my suggestions are-----on monday do one week pull ups and next week pull downs work close to the same thing---on wedensday if you do military press do it to the front only never behind it puts too much stress on shoulders---and for friday dont squat and leg press together every week too much. maybe 1 week squat 1 week both and next week leg press and do this in a rotation. 3 days a week is perfect thats what i do every thing else looks real good ----good luck bro
Gallery of aka-tapout  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 23-Mar-2002, 09:19 AM   #3

For an increase in strength and size i think it looks good. I agree with tapout as far as the squats and leg presses go. Dont over do. But i fyou do want to do both do one with higher reps then the other.
Gallery of powerlifterjay  

Old 25-Mar-2002, 12:15 AM   #4

thanks a lot guys

Any more suggestions?
Gallery of MaCPiMP1n