how should I feel after band work?

Posted: 26-Mar-2002 10:43 AM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about how should I feel after band work? within the Strongman & Power Lifting category.

Excerpt: I have been working with bands for about 3 weeks I guess. I don't really know if i'm doing it right but I have been butting the bands on and benching 3 reps as fast as I can for about 10 to 15 sets. I don't really feel anything though. Maybe I don't have enough weight on the bar or many other things. What could I be doing wrong?...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Announcement by George Spellwin: Your Testosterone Level - What should it be?

The following informational video tells the shocking story of Christian Hogue - a regular guy who took control of his testosterone level and turned his life around. Watch to discover how he does it and how you can too - his story is told at about 2 minutes into the video.

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 26-Mar-2002, 10:43 AM   #1
United States
I have been working with bands for about 3 weeks I guess. I don't really know if i'm doing it right but I have been butting the bands on and benching 3 reps as fast as I can for about 10 to 15 sets. I don't really feel anything though. Maybe I don't have enough weight on the bar or many other things. What could I be doing wrong?
Gallery of Grantsdu  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 26-Mar-2002, 01:49 PM   #2

How much weight, what bands, what is your best 1rm?

After using green bands on my speed bench, I am pretty tired, and cannot do nearly as much weight on triceps assistance exercises as when I don't use the bands. Last night I used 185 bar weight plus 100 lbs of chain, plus green bands, and I increased the bar weight 5 lbs each set. I was not out of breath by the end, but my triceps and shoulders were pretty wore out.

B.
Gallery of brianmincher  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 26-Mar-2002, 01:58 PM   #3

I am slightly sweating by the end of 8 sets and don't really feel that fatigued. Bands hurt my joints mor e than anything.
Gallery of GRIMMER  

Old 26-Mar-2002, 05:42 PM   #4
United States
I too just did the dynamic day on bench with the green bands for 8 sets and wasn't fatigued thouroughly.

I will tighten the bands however a bit.
Gallery of MidwestJ  

Old 26-Mar-2002, 06:50 PM   #5
Cyprus
The mini bands should be doubled...both ends should be around the bar and secured to the floor.

50% of your 1rm, 8-10 sets of 3, 45 sec rest between sets. If you are not fatigued...you are doing something wrong.

B True
Gallery of b fold the truth  
Proud Supporter of EliteFitness.com! Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...