How much would a 165lber have to bench to go to the Arnold Classic???

Posted: 25-Feb-2002 07:40 PM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about How much would a 165lber have to bench to go to the Arnold Classic??? within the Strongman & Power Lifting category.

Excerpt: Hypothetically speaking how much weight do you guys think that a 165lber would have to bench to be invited to the Arnold classic? I am just curious because I have not really heard of any light weight guys in the Arnold usually just the light weight women. So lets hear it, how much would a 165lb man have to bench in order to be invited to the Arno...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 25-Feb-2002, 07:40 PM   #1
solidj55

Hypothetically speaking how much weight do you guys think that a 165lber would have to bench to be invited to the Arnold classic?
I am just curious because I have not really heard of any light weight guys in the Arnold usually just the light weight women. So lets hear it, how much would a 165lb man have to bench in order to be invited to the Arnold??? Also, what meet in your opinions is the best one to lift in to get "noticed"???

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 27-Feb-2002, 07:00 PM   #2

A lot.

Would need to push over 450 I would say. Angelo Berardinelli has benched 490 in competition at 165, and Dr. Larry Miller has also done over 490 and they have both been invited at one time or another, so I would say somewhere in their neighborhood would get you there.

B
Gallery of brianmincher  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

can you compete in only one lift

Old 04-Mar-2002, 05:12 PM   #3
Canada
Im new to power lifting, but are you allowed to compete in only one lift? If so wouldnt that drastically effect what weight class you fell into, Say if you stuck only to bench, you could work solely on the muscles that create a good bench and save yourself from gaining weight in the other departments
Gallery of ThePolishHammer  

Old 04-Mar-2002, 07:18 PM   #4
Canada
You can do bench press only if you want. I think in some feds you can do dead only but im not certain about that.
Gallery of Adam MacKinnon  

Old 05-Mar-2002, 02:29 PM   #5

WABDL allows for bench only and deadlift only, no full meets at all.
Gallery of brianmincher  

Old 11-Mar-2002, 02:10 PM   #6

Some meets allow you to compete is a single lift, other don't. What some people will do is enter the meet, but lift the miminum in the two lifts they don't want to compete in and go all out in the other. You probably wouldn't get a trophy if you won that one lift, though.
Gallery of sguthrie