Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hey Benchmonster(Or Okie Lifting Crew)

Hey, I'm in. Lets's set something up. Tulsa is the logical lifting point becasue it is centrally located for BigOkie, VDOP and me. Just let me know when and where and I'm there. I need lots of work. :D

I talked to VDOP on the phone today, nice cool guy. You guys want to try and put something together before we go to Mizzou?

I am game for about anything. I need lots of work too. Did a speed workout today with 135 plus 2 doubled mini's per side, then did a bodybuilder type tricep workout.

I used 135, peeled the bands, and then supersetted strict skullcrushers for 10, with 10 reps of close grip bench. Was only able to do 2 supersets of 10 before having to drop reps. And this was just with 135!!!!! AAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

I have to admit, I am trying to get my arms bigger because of the increase of force possible is proportianally related to cross sectional size divided by muscle density, and I think this will increase my bench. . . Nah, I just want bigger arms like everyone else. But I am whimpy on reps. That is the point of my long winded post.

B.

hey good job on not letting you ego control your speed weight.

first time i've seen this in awhile!

another reason for big triceps is that they will make your denim shirts more snug. the latest trick from high up is a perfect fit in the tricep area. with the new open back style, i hear this is even more important so PUMP away at those tris.

try and get some film of your speedwork. i'd like to see it.

also, my partner was able to compress your videos even further by converting them to .wmv format. check em out and see if your download speed improves.

/irish

irish... i get awesome speeds from your site. like 160-180kb/sec which is pretty damn decent considering my dsl.

Irish,

I will send you a video clip of next week's speed workout. Even only going 135 with all that band tension, it is more strenuous than going 225 with chains.

When I use 2 doubled minis per side I am only doing 6 sets of 3. I then drop off a mini, down to one per side, and use 185 bar weight plus the mini for 8 triples, then go 225 plus chain for 10 triples.

The 225 for 10 is easier than the 135 for 6. Bands are a monster!!!

And a really smart guy from the great northwest convinced me a while back of the need for speed work with relatively lighter weights.

B.

i hope it works for you next meet time! i want to see you crush 525+.

by the way, i figured out how to compress your videos down into mpeg4. they stream much better now. Check them out. I put them out on the site under your directory along with the others.

.wmv files are the new ones.

yeah speed work rules. remember to leave some in the tank for ME day.

also, i emailed you about karin's stuff. did you get it?

/irish

Yeah, check your e-mail at Yahoo.

And speed is very important. I need to be reminded every once in a while that I am a gimmic lifter. Not someone who can go slow and just overpower big weights.

If I don't get plenty of pop from the shirt, keep it in the perfect groove, and blast it to the top quickly, then it ain't going up. Sometimes I get a little bit full of myself and think I can just muscle it up. Funny how the weights have a way of bringing you back to reality though.

I am not sure when my next meet will be, but I hope to find one in the next couple months. I am opening at 500 if a non APF meet and 505 if an APF. The current 220 open state APF record is now 501.

Opening under 500 is not going to satisfy me anymore. I am already a 500 plus bencher, just got to do it in a meet. Mere formality at this point. I really want to run with the big boys, and I am not going to get there unless I sack up and lay it on the line.

B.

Top Bottom