Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Grimmer And I Shirted Up Tonight!

powerlifterjay

Well why warming up i felt ok. BUt with all my shirts each one has something special that has to be done before they work for me, they way i want. Tonight was aflop! For me anyway. I warmed up like this

135x20
225x10
315x10
405x8
500x2

Shirted up and went 545x1 no touch (of course)
600x1 no touch , good lockout. shirt not
pulled down.
620x1 no touch (closer) good lockout
635x1 no touch Even closer) Good lockout.
650x1 should have pulled my shirt down
but didnt. Would have touched.
no lockout. Best lockout in this shirt
ever is 635

Put tight ass shirt on! 675x1 forgot to pull my shirt down. No touch but little rebound. No go! If i pull the shirt down 675 will fly up! But not form the bottom. If i touch it, i wont get it. I am just not there yet. I am not ready for this shirt. Not only that i was getting really tired at this point too.

So as you see i did too much. Next week i will use a looser shirt , drop the tightest one and go no more then 635. First week in shirt usually sucks anyway. My shirts are fuckin tight! I weighed 235 last time i (barely) got anything down with the medium shirt. Now at 250plus it is just too tight for 600lbs. If i can pop 575 or so in the loose shirt i migh tjust open in it. If i had to guess right now for the meet i would say 585 620 635 660 with tight shirt on 4th! Of course this could change next week. I need to try the loose shirt first.

I will let grimmer explain how his went. He is gonna do great in St Pete!

My numbers are no where near Pljays but i did about as good as i expected. This being only the second time having a shirt on i'm still getting used to the groove of it and all that comes along with it. I raw bench 300 and this is what i did.
warm-up
put shirt on for 315 no touch locked out easy
345 no touch locked out easy
365 about 3 inches from touch and got way out of groove on lockout and missed. The shirt wants to put the weight closer to my head and i want to push it closer to my upper abs and we just didn't get along today.
I finally put 335 on and touched it low on my chest/high on abs and the shirt threw it over my face again. I know i can lock 335 out i just need to get used to a double denim , its groove, and evrything else that comes with the teritory.
i've never taken 345 or 365 out of the rack before so it went about as expected. Hopefully by st. pete i'll have it dialed in and will get 365 to touch and lock.

See you next monday PLJay

inspiration comes in many forms and from many sources.

Think just training with someone who is as focussed and driven as any powerlifter/trainer forces us to push that bit harder.

Thanks guys for raising the game and forcing me at least to get under that bar and push.

Good luck to the pair of your in your upcoming comps, and to anyone competing !

A couple of sets it was phsically impossible. Others like the 650 with my medium shirt. It would have touched but i wouldnt have pushed back up. It was set for 635. The 675 would have touched maybe, and that was only cause i forgot to pull the shirt down, on the tightest shirt, I also had that shirt set for 635lbs. 635 in the medium shirt is hard but 635 in the tight one feels like 500lbs. Yes my shirts are that technical.

On a side not i had a sore throat when i woke up Monday morning, no big deal, but after shirting up i now have flu like symtems as of about midnight last night. There is no gym for me tonight. I need sleep! I feel like shit. My throat is almost completely shut.

Its a hell of a lot of inspiration when a weak bencher like myself goes in and trains with not just one but two guys that were putting up 500 and 600 lb benches.

Some day , some day , i will be at that level. With a little luck and a lot of hard ass work.

i wanna train with you guys! i can put up 190 w/ out a shirt... lol.. i'd just be making a fool of myself. the weights most of you put up are ridiculous
but seriously, if you wanna train just PM me..lol

HEY yea I'd love to train with you guys too but I think Jay on your first warm up is where I'll max out and be done :D . But it's all good. man how am I gonna do in my shirt then I've never worn one????!!!!!

Top Bottom