Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

friday ME squat/low back PR

WoW!!!!

Noticed a couple of things...

1) Your video quality is amazing!!!!!

2) No chucks?

3) Yes, I am a weakling...

B True

Nice, IrishPower. You put that up rather easily. I think you are good for another 20-30 lbs. The hard part is getting the damn weight moving but if you can break the weight there's a good chance it's coming all of the way up. What's the lowest chain setting you've used?

Hey irish power, I have a ton of your videos...you're the bald guy right?

Anyway, I like your boxes you have for box squats. Did you make a bunch of small boxes with 2x4 and stack em? I think i'll be building some boxes today or tomorrow morning

screwball: lowest chain setting i've used is 42" from ground to top of bar. i have filmed this. it's on my server. with a close stance this is a lot more lower back.

also, using bands makes the thing a struggle all the way through. when this meet is over, i am going to work on lowering the bar some more and use a lot more bands. i have to admit, the 815 was more of a confidence builder than real work as i am strong from that wide position.

t3c: yeah, im the bald guy. i have one box that is 12.25 in. we built it using 2x4's (2 is actually 1.75 if you meaure... dont know why they call it 2?).... but anyway... 2 vertical, then 2 horizontal, 7 rows up.

i use that to squat off of on speed day. it puts me sufficiently below parallel. My taller partners throw rubber mats on. We also built another box which has a piece at the bottom which can add 4" or so. we use these on some me days.

/irish

Top Bottom