# of exercises

Posted: 28-Mar-2002 08:23 PM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about # of exercises within the Strongman & Power Lifting category.

Excerpt: Wside routine, like other routiunes encourages switching your power/ME lifts and supplementary lifts every 1-3 weeks. Just for a base point, how many exercises should you use? Using bench as an example: wide grip, narrow, incline bench switched for ME. Should I add more? (board press and floor press cannot be done for lack of equipment and spot...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

# of exercises

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Talking # of exercises

Old 28-Mar-2002, 08:23 PM   #1
United States
Wside routine, like other routiunes encourages switching your power/ME lifts and supplementary lifts every 1-3 weeks. Just for a base point, how many exercises should you use? Using bench as an example: wide grip, narrow, incline bench switched for ME. Should I add more? (board press and floor press cannot be done for lack of equipment and spotters). How many do any of you incorporate?
Gallery of erickthegreat11  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 28-Mar-2002, 08:29 PM   #2

Well when I'm training and I train WS. I use 3or4or5 board presses and switch each of them every 2 weeks. Then I'll throw in illegal wide grips for 2 weeks then incline close-grip for 2 weeks and of course each week trying to break your previous max the week before. After your ME movement I would do 2 tri excercises then depending if your lats are weak then lat work once if they are strong if not then twice a week (so lats on both bench days). But I do it
ME movement
2 tri excercises( DB on ME day and bar excercises on DE day)
upper back( some type of rowing)
lats
delts
Gallery of Cubanito17  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 28-Mar-2002, 09:46 PM   #3
Cyprus
You should rotate between different board presses and MAYBE one other exercise. I don't suggest doing the illegal wides much...just a theory about putting too much stress on your pecs. The board presses are a must though.

B True
Gallery of b fold the truth  
Proud Supporter of EliteFitness.com! Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...

Old 28-Mar-2002, 10:21 PM   #4

What B fold said I left out and good thing you said it he b bolded the truth, I forgot to put to switch up all extra workouts too that's the point to keep switchin movements. And there are TONS of tri movements not much of a variety you can get for lats, back, or delt movements but either way you can stil switch them up or just switch the weights and setsXreps.
Gallery of Cubanito17  

Max Effort work

Old 30-Mar-2002, 05:43 PM   #5

The guys at Westside suggest fove basic variations.
1. Board Press
2. Floor Press
3. Incline CG
4. Illegal Wides
5. Rev. Band

Each of these can be changed up even more by adding bands and/or chains. I also like to include db presses and lockouts.
Gallery of bigokie