Dumbell out extensions

Posted: 27-Mar-2002 01:09 PM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Dumbell out extensions within the Strongman & Power Lifting category.

Excerpt: I have only seen and heard of people doing this excersize on an incline bench. Is there a reason for it being done on an incline and not a flat bench?...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Dumbell out extensions

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Question Dumbell out extensions

Old 27-Mar-2002, 01:09 PM   #1

I have only seen and heard of people doing this excersize on an incline bench. Is there a reason for it being done on an incline and not a flat bench?
Gallery of Sergeant  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Either variation works well..

Old 27-Mar-2002, 03:08 PM   #2
United States
I believe that when the Tate Press is performed on a flat bench it allows a little more shoulder rotation and the chances to cheat a little by using the delts and pecs increases slightly. If you perform the exercise on an incline bench the shoulder rotation decreases and the delts and pecs are not as likely to assist. IMHO

-ball
Gallery of Screwball  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 27-Mar-2002, 07:45 PM   #3

True. BUt i do them on flat as well , Cheat or not, sometimes i like to handle the biggest dumbells are gym has to offer. And the weight feels good to lockout. The inclines i do are done more strict and i get more sore doing them.
Gallery of powerlifterjay  

Old 27-Mar-2002, 08:21 PM   #4
Cyprus
Hmmmm...another variation huh? I like it. I change tric exercises every time I train them...now I have 4 of them with dbells I will use.

B True
Gallery of b fold the truth  
Proud Supporter of EliteFitness.com! Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...

Old 27-Mar-2002, 09:07 PM   #5

I also believe it's the only incline movement besides a ME excercise incline close grip bench. And I do believe in incline's helping your pause go up. The reason is I experienced it before I ever new anything about westside so I like doing the incline DB elbow outs.

B fold if you like different tri excercises(this one's from JAY) try doing them either standing up or seated with 2 DB's behind the neck with them touching together. I tried them on monday my tris felt weird after in fact they stil feel sore but a weird type of soreness, feels good.
Gallery of Cubanito17