Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

chains

dirtydawg

got my chains but the diagram i am looking at shows 3 pair of chains i have 2 pair. any help on how the set up goes? thanks

dd

If you go to the WSB web site there is a link to topper supply and they have a clear diagram of how to set it up. Tell me how the chains are going. I plan on getting some soon.

Guys who lift Westside style sometimes use chains and bands. The chains are used to add extra weight to the bar. But the clever bit is that the weight on the bar changes as you do the lift.

For example, if you are benching, you can set the bar up so that at the the top of the lift all of the chain is hanging in the air.....so you are lifting the whole weight of the chain. But at the bottom of the lift alot of the chain will be on the floor.....so the bar weight is less.

WizKid25 said:
chains for what?

here's a pic i found..........we actually use a big ring and loop half the chains through
bc13.jpg

you gotta get the 5/8 chain..one peice weighs 20 lbs.i have a big ring that i hook through the chain and basically as you raise the bar up it gets heavier,the bar weight we use varies depending on the exercise,but once you do them you'll be hooked.

that picture at toppers is not to accurate. it shows 3 sets of chains instead of 2. if you take the 1/4 inch chain and drape it over the barbell then take the the 3/4 inch ring and run it through the chain, fasten it with the 1/4 hook. then take the 5/8 chain run it through the ring it will all be on the floor. what the hell?:confused:

wus up dirty dog...take of of the attachment clips off one of the machines and clipit rough the chain so half is off the ground.you know the clip that you use to change bars like on the latpulldown,pushdown,etc??i just got a big hook from our welders shop and stuck it through,works for us.........

Top Bottom