Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can you get super big and strong without the juice?!?

Grantsdu

I want to think I can get bigger and stronger naturally but do I really have a chance in hell? I know you can get so big naturally but what etermins how big I can get?

I've used westside for quite some time and have posted some pretty good numbers using only over the counter supplements. All my lifts are from APA and APF meets. I'm 34 now and can still crank out some good numbers as we will hopefully see in June. As far as what determines how big and strong you get, the answer is looking you right in the mirror every day. Don't slack or miss workouts. Always strive for perfect form and technique. Don't sacrifice either for heavier weight. The heavier weight will come in time. Read, read and read some more. There is so much info out there for the lifter. I have three inch thick notebooks at home with nothing but westside articles by louie simmons and dave tate. Plus I have a stack that I haven't even filed yet. Go to deepsquatter.com and elitefitnesssystems.com for articles to read. I've come a long way from the 14 year old who used to sneak into his brothers room to lift the old plastic covered concrete weights to where I am now. Whether a person chooses to use other "supplements" or not is his business. I will not judge him/her either way. But stay natural as long as you can.
By the way, in case you were wondering what my lifts were:

Squat - 705
Bench- 465
Deadlift - 622

You dam right you can get strong as hell naturally. No question. But genitcs plays a huge roll in what size your gonna be. I will never be a superheavy weigh lifter. I am just not naturally big enough. People like screwball and big okie and i believe endpoint is a biggin, those guys naturally will ift more then you but doesnt mean they will be better pound for pound. Focus on strength and dont worry about size, cause it will come when its time. It better to be stronger then you are big , then it is to be big and not strong enough for your size. You agree?

Of course you can dude it all depends on how much you want to put into your training. I have been lifting for a long time almost 10 years and have only used 2 week ass cycles a long time ago that probably hurt me more thatn helped me. Hell , in the last 4 months alone i have put over 60 lbs on my deadlift , 50 0n my bench and at least 60 on my squat just by training hard and smart. Juice is not the save all end all. I have been considering trying it again but with the types of gains i'm getting without it i think that i would be selling myself short. By December I know that i will put another 50 on my bench ,dead ,and squat each.
Anyway , Dont sell yourself short , if you want it bad enough and train like it it will come.

PRISION...No I am not suggesting anybody go there lol however there are some big and strong prisioners that eat 3 crappy low protein meals a day if that and they probably don't have access to steriods either YET they produce some big and strong people. Why? It could be beacuse training is one of the only positive activities in their lives so a lot of it is how badly that you want it. Of course there are genetic limitations. Woody Allen will never be as big as Kaz of course!

Most people think that I'm talking crap when I tell them about my training partner, who has been training with me for 2 years now. When he joined my training group, he was totally new to the iron game, coming from a cross-country running background. At that time he weighed a very skinny 127lb.

Over the last two years he has transformed himself into a massive bulging heap of muscles tipping the scales at 215lb! All this was done while he trained mostly Westside with me and taking NO ROIDS and virtually NO SUPPLEMENTS either! All he did was train like a man posessed and eat lots and lots of good food. Get this: this dude added nearly a 100 pounds of lean mass in two years, completely naturally. This is a 70 percent increase in mass! He makes a living out of personal training and has actually given up on trying to convince his colleagues that he is totally clean. Nowadays when people say to him that he cannot possibly be clean he just shurgs it off and says nothing more. His currents total is just under 1400lb which was enough to earn him last year's provincial championship title in our drug-tested (IPF) federation.

I don't know if he is just a freak of nature or something but I don't think so because most of the guys that train with me are clean and the majority of them are pretty big and make consistent (even if sometimes slow) gains. BTW I've personally not touched any roids for going on 3 years now and I am bigger and stronger than ever. I often get unsolicited comments from complete strangers saying that I'm the biggest person they've ever seen. I weigh a reasonably hard (I'd say 19% b/f) 350lb at 6 feet 6 inches and my current total (hopefully to be eclipsed substantially in June) is 1832lb.

Please don't see this post as me trying to blow my own horn, which it isn't. I'm sure my partner had much more input into his gains than I did. Hell, I only helped where I can and gave him advice. All I'm saying to the guys that are training naturally is: It is much harder and the temptation of quick chemical gains will always be there, but just push yourself as hard as you can and the gains WILL come.

Arnie

Most definitely

I'm 35 now, and have made the best gains in my life, no juice, in the past two years by absolute strict adherence to two things:

Form, and sleep.

I've never fooled with 1RM stuff out of fear of injury, but my sets of three are quite good for my size, I think.

Discipline. It's what the roid boyz lack.

You most definately can. I doubled my bodysize in about 7 years totally natural!!!

B True

Top Bottom