box for squats (WS)

Posted: 27-Mar-2002 09:15 AM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about box for squats (WS) within the Strongman & Power Lifting category.

Excerpt: Should I be using a box for ME and DE days?...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

box for squats (WS)

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

box for squats (WS)

Old 27-Mar-2002, 09:15 AM   #1
t3c

Should I be using a box for ME and DE days?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 27-Mar-2002, 09:52 AM   #2

Always squat on a box. On dynamic day do 8 to 12 sets of 2 reps on a box that is one inch below parallel. On Max Effort day, mostly do good mornings, but on the days that you do squat, squat on a box.

B
Gallery of brianmincher  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 27-Mar-2002, 05:39 PM   #3

As Brian said always squat on a box and always use it on speed day. I do about 6-7 days out of 10 on Max day with some type of GM 1 or 2 with the low box squat and 1or two with a deadlift variation.
Gallery of GRIMMER  

Old 27-Mar-2002, 08:24 PM   #4

And don't think just b/c they're called box squats you have to use a box, you can use my term cooler squats that's what I do on DE SQ/DL day. You can use anything that is 1 inch below parallel.
Gallery of Cubanito17  

Old 28-Mar-2002, 01:45 AM   #5
Cyprus
I use a set of old Ford Mags with an old aerobic matt on top if it.

B True
Gallery of b fold the truth  
Proud Supporter of EliteFitness.com! Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...