Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bad usage

IrishPower

How many of you guys have followed a serious training cycle (>8 wks) using an array of bands on SQUATS?

I have a couple of observations and was wondering if anyone encountered similar findings.

After using bands for a few weeks, it seems the knee joints got pretty sore. I was using blues, greens, and purples, as well as combinations of the above.

If i dropped the bands on a week, it seemed as though my stabilization was all screwed up for that workout. In addition, I felt slow the first week or two after i stopped the bands.

I have noticed a rebound effect on about the 3rd week after ceasing bands. I seem to get much faster on weeks 2 and 3. Anyone else notice this?

I also find that I am not quite able to get a lot of tension at the bottom when sitting on the box. To do so I think would require too many loops around the bottom. Currently we use 2 for the green and blue. Maybe I could use the purple for 3. Anyone have any suggestions here?

train hard
/irish

I have been using bands on all speed squats for over a year now. i have never had any problems with it other than my back will occasionally get tight when it gets heavy or if Max day really got me good. I've been meaning to ask someone how they cycle there percentages and stuff as well.

THe way i get the bands tight at the bottome is to take two dumbells i use 100's and 95's for green bands on each side. Place them so the handles are parelels and then put one end under both handles , put hte other end through that end and then around the bar. It is sinched down not looped. This makes the tension greater thatn i think WS uses normally but it works great its just tight.

Well...I can tell a lot more pressure on my neck and upper back...but if you are squatting properly...you should experience zero knee pain. I can tell a huge difference when I use the bands on the flat bench though...always gets to my bic tendons.

B True

Actually box squats feal much better than normal squats for my knees. Is it possible that your not sitting back far enough onto the box? I haven't had any knee pains and I've started using the bands in the last 4-5 weeks. I use the same combos. For me, since I'm so tall, I have tension on the box with either a blue or green, not with purple. So to combat this I just make sure that I use the purple combined with others. Hope this helps

I go thru the same thing with the bands -- I get all banged up. My knees don't bother me but other body parts do. I started lightening up on the bands and adding chains with the bands. Last week's squat workout I used 415+ green bands and 6 sets of chains for about 8 dbl's. This week I will go to the blue bands for 3 weeks then add chians for 3 weeks. Also, to get more tension on the bar just loop teh band ove rthe bar a couple times. I train in teh garage also and have had to improvise a lot of things.

The bands bang the shit out of me on squat day. My knee is really fucked up right now , but its not cause of boxx squattin or bands but it doesnt help at this point either. Everything you said is just about what i go through. Except i notice it puts lots of stress on my shouldrs too.

BUt i do love them just i cant use them for squats as often as i would like.

Top Bottom