Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

awful tendonitis!! HELP!!!!!

musclehed275

I did a bench meet weekend before last....Me and my workout partner lift off for each other, which is fine, and I lift off for my wife also..well, we were all stuck in the same flight, and I had to lift off for both of them with that freakin denim on, well, you know how your arms are stuck out in front of you, well, it inflammed my brachialis tendon teribly, I took last week off, I benched some, very light stuff, saturday, the tendon inflammed lightly, not too bad..I went to train today, speed bench, I finished 8 sets of speed bench, and the tendon was so inflammed, I literally got sick to my stomach!! I cant even raise my arm!!! I had a hell of a time driving home!!! I have iced it and took advil since the meet every day! And soon as i do ANYTHING, even simple things like lifting a light grocery bag, it inflames!!! I cant seem to shake this shit, does anyone have ANY suggestions!! Im dying, i cant sleep, it has that dull, tendonitis ach!! HELP!!!

That tendonitis sucks. I cant imagine lifting off with a 2x denim.

Did you try any stuff like icy hot, flex all and Dave Tate sells the monster stick and trigger wheel etc that might help. I haven't ever suffered from this so I dont know much. Hope this helps.

I got the same shit. Mines from squatting though. Same spot though. I would take one Vioxe before bed, and ice as much as you can. I like to take my Vioxe at night, some prefer morning. YOu will notice it more in the night though.

I am sure you no the importance of ice. There are two remedies that are no brainers when the word inflamed is used. Ice and anti inflamatories. YOUr doing the right thing, just ice alot , and frequently. Also do you were elbow sleeves at all? Ace , or neoprine? That will help and keeps my shit warm after warm up. Also (and i am gettign some) is this shit you buy at the feed store that is for inflamed area's aon horses. Its not illegal and doesnt stinck likeDMSO. It feels like ice hot but longer acting and hotter. Other then rest, thats about all you can do.

Some light hammer curls might get blood flowing through there too. Good luck, i feel your pain bro. Take the vioxe!

thanx!!

thanks PLJAY!!!! i used to get that shit real bad from squats too! It might have came from dumping that bench! That is kinda the same movement! thanks again for your help, I popped a vioxx, among some other things LOL and I allready feel much better! im icing the shit out of it! And hopefully ill be able to bench Saturday..Also, Im off for the summer, Im a school teacher and football coach, so we will be able to swing over to train sometime this summer, just let me know when your back to full swing again! I just ordered another set of bands, so ill be able to come up with all kinds of band combos!!! Like new toys!!!..I also have a full set of 5/8 chains if yall dont have any, we could play with them!! stay strong bro!

Try not to use it at all if you can help it. Everyone had covered the main things...ice, heat, anti-inflammatories. I never train without putting icy hot on every major joint in my body. Elbows, shoulders, knees, behind my knees, lower back, bic tendons, forearm tendons, neck, etc....

B True

have you tried wearing elbow wraps while squatting and doing ME low back work? when i go heavy, this is what kills me. elbow bands with capsacin underneath help me tremendously if you can stand the burning.

i remember having the kind of pain you were talking about a long time back.

dmso/aspirin mix, NSAIDS (ibuprofen, aspirin, ketoprofen, etc) .... and capsaicin will help.

one note about VIOXX: i had a long talk to an ortho doc about VIOXX. it is basically a newer generation of NSAID. In his opinion (and mine since i used it and Celebrex), is that it is NOTHING special and NOT worth the amount of money if you are paying for it out of pocket. He thinks it is mostly a marketing scam to bilk the elderly :)

Get yourself a 1000 count of ibuprofen from costco if you need NSAIDs. Be careful not to take them on an empty stomach and be wary of signs of stomach pain. Some people (like myself) can tolerate it well. I stayed on high dosage for a year after I blew the discs in my lower back ( i wish i had known about the reverse hyper back then....)

take care.
/irish

I also used to suffer from brachalis tendonitis quite frequently. I came up with a rehabilitation exercise that works incredibly well in helping the brachialis heal itself.

Take a very light straight bar (around 20lb, if that much) and grab it underhand like a normal bicep curl while standing upright. Instead of having the bar resting on your thighs, though, make your starting position about a foot in front of your thighs. Now, pull the bar in right under your pecs keeping the elbows tucked in next to the body with the ending position being where the bar is touching the bottom of your pec and your elbows next to, but behind your body. So, it's sort of like a normal bicep curl but instead of keeping the elbows stationary, they move backwards. Do about three to four sets of 15 to 20 slow, deliberate reps, pausing slightly at the top.

If it initially feels like nothing, then you're doing it right. It should only start hurting lightly after quite a few reps. When I first did this, I was absolutely amazed the next morning to find that my tendonitis was gone. Yes, gone! Give it a shot and tell me what you think. It'll only take a few minutes.

powerlifterjay said:
Also (and i am gettign some) is this shit you buy at the feed store that is for inflamed area's aon horses. Its not illegal and doesnt stinck likeDMSO. It feels like ice hot but longer acting and hotter.

Do you have the brand name of this horse rub stuff? I read about the Westside guys using some blue ointment that was meant for horses. Is it the same stuff? I'd like to try that out for my elbows.

I am not sure what it is called. I am getting some so when i do just remind me or if i remember i will post it if it works. This guy in the gym who gets tips from us here and there had some. Had a horse on it and it was in a lotion bottle. Said it worked great. So we'll see cause believe me i need it.

Top Bottom