Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Another floor press question

pete ferguson

I was wondering if floor presses or board presses would be worth doing on a Smith Machine. Obviously, it does nothing for the stabilizer muscles but would the tri's get enough benefit out it? Plus, in the case of doing board presses on the Smith, you wouldn't have to worry about having spotters around.

i always found that when i used to do any pressing exercise on the smith machine that it was really hard to get the groove for the movement. Cause the bar can only travel through a set path, i always found my wrists rolled under the bar too much when i got tired and had to push real hard, or i would push the bar either towards my head or my abs rather than straight up.

Originaly i also found that when doing heavy triples i had a bad tendancy to raise one arm up then the other one.

I gave it away and got into the powerack, setup the bars so you can go heavy without spotters and push it !

:m:mad: The "Smith Machine" should be called the "Shit Machine" It will never make a powerlifter stronger and it can wreck your shoulders. Do the floor press with a real barbell and use a thumbs grip away from the smooth part of the bar.

Totally Agree

I agree with Cytomel completely. I've been training westside for quite some time now and have NEVER used a smith machine. Always emulate the actual lift when you train maximum effort even if you change bar grip.

Even the guy who invented the damn thing was too embarassed to use his real name.

What does that tell you?

Arioch said:
Even the guy who invented the damn thing was too embarassed to use his real name.

:FRlol: :FRlol: :FRlol: :FRlol: :FRlol:
X

Top Bottom