Ab exercise...

Posted: 24-May-2002 05:46 PM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Ab exercise... within the Strongman & Power Lifting category.

Excerpt: A few of my friends came up with an idea for an ab/ lower back exercise... i did it today and it felt really good.. just want someof your opinions on it. Here's how it goes.... Assume a lotus position (yogo position, kinda like a pushup but with your forearms resting on the ground). Place a weight on top of your back and kinda round your abc...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Ab exercise...

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Ab exercise...

Old 24-May-2002, 05:46 PM   #1

A few of my friends came up with an idea for an ab/ lower back exercise... i did it today and it felt really good.. just want someof your opinions on it.

Here's how it goes....

Assume a lotus position (yogo position, kinda like a pushup but with your forearms resting on the ground). Place a weight on top of your back and kinda round your abck to get it to fit in with the plate, and then hold.

I did these for a minute today with a 45 lb plate and i was shaking like crazy while doin it. I think it will help a lot with my squat and deadlift and core strength, because it puts your abs in a state of static contraction, which is basically the same state that they are in during a squat and deadlift.

Any opinions on this?
Gallery of Deciever  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 24-May-2002, 06:06 PM   #2
United States
Sounds interesting. If you feel the movement working and get some soreness then I say go for it. It could be the next, new exercise for building core strength.
Gallery of Screwball  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 24-May-2002, 06:11 PM   #3

i hope it works.. seems like a good exercises.. you dont need pulleys or anything. I'll be giving it a try about 3-4 x a week to see how it goes
Gallery of Deciever  

Old 25-May-2002, 10:06 AM   #4

I'll go try now......seems interesting!

Nice work

-Zulu
Gallery of ZZuluZ  

Old 25-May-2002, 02:03 PM   #5

i was a bit sore today.. i may do it again tonight w/o weight as active recovery or something.
Gallery of Deciever  

Old 27-May-2002, 07:06 AM   #6

Dude, I tried it....and it seems to have some merit. I'll definitely try and incorporate it sometime.

I shall have to give it a name tho. The deciever push-up??

-Zulu
Gallery of ZZuluZ  

Old 27-May-2002, 07:32 AM   #7

Or how about Deceiver's Doggy Style Plate Contractions?

Seriously, I would guess that it would be even more befeficial with as much weight as possible in order to simulate the stress on your abs that a squat or lift will cause. Will give it a try...
Gallery of BigArnie  

Old 27-May-2002, 03:01 PM   #8

Cant say that its my idea, some of my friends came up with it..

LOL @ bigarnies name for it.

Yeah just load as much weight as you can onto yourself, and hold for like 30-60 seconds.. we will all develop super strong abs this way.
Gallery of Deciever