Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

17 - looking for some info on how to get bigger faster (thought i'd ask the biggest)

eldiablo

I'm 17, looking to bulk up. I've been lifting for a while, but have never gotten into it like I have desired to lately. Summer is here and I really have the head to get in the game now. I figured the best people to ask about getting big would be the biggest - you guys. If anyone can point me in the right direction to some routines that will help me accomplish my objectives, I would really appreciate it.

Goals: Considerably bulk up (in order of importance) fore arms, upper arm, rest of torso, and of course overall structure (legs etc). I'm very dissatisfied with my forearms.

If powerlifting isn't the best place for this post, please let me know.

Thanks!
Zach

Thanks for the reply.. looks like there is a lot of good stuff there - i'll read it more in depth tonight. Do you know of somewhere that will explain some of the terminology used on the particular lifts?

Thanks

dont forget your eating get enough protein and calories.

if you want the exercise descriptions they are in the "exercise index" on the q and a section(also called ask dave) of the site that p03t1c linked

other wise just ask here and every one will help

Last edited:
Hey man don't worry about the fact that your 17, SO AM I. If your looking to bulk up you can take some advice from endpoint which he gave me a while ago and eat. In 4 months I've gone from 160lbs@ 8%BF to now weighing 196lbs@11%BF. DUDE check this out eat about 300-350g of protein/day 450-500g of carbs/day and don't really worry that much about the fat as long as it's not over like 150g/ or so. That's what I've been doing some days I WILL Eat ALOT more depends on how hungry I am and if it's a training day or not.

Do you have a steady workout that your going by now??????

If your trying westside I posted on here a workout idea for 4 weeks you can try that and just repeat it and it'll be 8 weeks????

The thing I like about westside is that it doesn't take me more than 1 hour to lift and then I have ALOT more free time.

Don't worry that much about the forearms they'll come, trust me mine are coming in a lil. The good thing with gaining weight is the size you get from me bulking up I gained 6 inches on shoulder width 4 inches on chest 3/4 inch on arms and 5/8 inch on forearms 5 inches on quads 1 inch on calves.(I'M NOT A BB, just like knowing how big I am In my case i'm small compared to ALOT of you, but for my age I'm decent)

good luck with your training if you want meal ideas that are HIGH in calories and bulk you up send me a PM or something. Always good to see another teen wanting to get BIG not like those scronny punks I see around all the time.

What are you looking to get faster for I forgot to ask. If your talking for football the best things to do are compound movements. I used to compete for my school in powerlifting and we had 2 lifts pause/clean&jerk. So I was doing modified westside and OL training(with help from arioch).

You might wanna incorporate into your workouts some push presses, clean&press, Powercleans, hang cleans, front squats, snatch, hang snatch. etc.

i think that he means "how do i gain the most size in the quickest fashion?", and he assumes that powerlifters have the greatest muscle mass. if i'm right in assuming that is what he means, perhaps he would be better off training like a bodybuilder rather than a powerlifter. though he would gain muscle on both types of training programs, bodybuilding is obviously geared toward, well, building the body... which is what i think he wants. so, which is it? do you want strength and speed more... or, do you want to gain size quickly? just trying to clear up your question for people. sorry if i'm wrong.

sorry lilmikey,

i disagree.

true size and density usually comes from moving heavy weights.

until you get to the pros, you usually cant tell a bodybuilder from an average citizen until he takes his shirt off.

again, the pros are an exception. they train heavy as shit as well and can post numbers that would be respectable in a p/l meet as well.

as far as gaining size: it doesnt really matter too much what program you use at your age as long as you train heavy, and as others have said, you eat right.

good luck.

/irish

Getting a good source of low priced whey protein is also a good idea. www.proteinfactory.com is very good and so are the 5lb containers from Prolab and Optimum among others. Make shakes with a lot of milk and bananas and that will help you grow quiclky.

i know that muscle comes from powerlifting, and everything you said is true, irishpower. you're right - he will gain muscle and size off of westside. cubanito has gained like thirty pounds or something. i was just saying that a bodybuilding routine would also work well for what he is trying to do if i understood him correctly. sorry. umm yeah but like everyone says... no matter what the training, you will grow with excess calories... which adds up to FOOOODD!

Top Bottom