Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hows this look for gaining size?

hulse

I get bored quickly on routines, so I've made this one up. Not sure how long I'll be on it. I was interested on a post earlier that noted 4 weeks at 3x10, then 4 with 3x5, then 4 with 5x3. I'm going to try that, here's my routine.

2 on 1 off 2 on 2off

A

Clean and Press 3x10
Squat 3x10
Close Grip Bench Press 3x10
Db Incline press 3x10
Dips 3x10

B

Wide Grip Pullups 3x10
Pulldowns 3x10
Rows 3x10
Deads 3x10
Straight leg deads 3x10
Curls 3x10

How's that look? Really want to hit my shoulders, arms and lats. Legs and chest are already decent.

Here is what I would suggest:

Day A
Squat - 3x5
Bench/Dip - 3x5 (pick one)
Deadlift - 1x5 / Power Clean - 5x3 (alternate)

Day B
Squat - 3x5
Standing OHP - 3x5
Chins - 3x5

That's it. If you can't do power cleans, sub in bentover rows. Do chins and rows with an underhand grip, close in. This will recruit more musculature overall, and the whole idea is compound movements to hit every part of the body. It's short, sweet, and to the point.

Add 5-10 lbs. to your squat each workout until you can't any longer. Add 2.5-5 lbs. to the other lifts.

Any routine should be centered around:

Squats
Deadlifts
Presses (standing/flat bench/inclines, etc...)
Rows (dbell/barbell)

Add in curls and tricep work as you like.

Base your routine on that and add in a couple pounds of beef, few liters of milk, lots of complex carbs, some food fats...and do this for long periods of time...and you will gain size.

B True

thats a pretty solid program. if you wanted to stay on it longer term, you could start out just working up to one top set, but keeping the exercises and reps the same.

Then in a month or two, when the gains start drying up, go to 3 sets of 5 all with the same weight as your 3 work sets. when you do this, i would keep the squats at one top set on one of the days. after a month on this, you could go back to one top set, or change the reps in some way, like going to a couple of sets of 3 for several weeks.

after this, going to a similar program, but with 5 work sets might be an idea that would work... again, running this for 4 or 5 weeks, then dropping the volume down again.

whenever you change the volume, or start something new, start conservatively on the weight, and make small steady jumps from week to week.

Anthrax Invasion said:
Here is what I would suggest:

Day A
Squat - 3x5
Bench/Dip - 3x5 (pick one)
Deadlift - 1x5 / Power Clean - 5x3 (alternate)

Day B
Squat - 3x5
Standing OHP - 3x5
Chins - 3x5

That's it. If you can't do power cleans, sub in bentover rows. Do chins and rows with an underhand grip, close in. This will recruit more musculature overall, and the whole idea is compound movements to hit every part of the body. It's short, sweet, and to the point.

Add 5-10 lbs. to your squat each workout until you can't any longer. Add 2.5-5 lbs. to the other lifts.

I think dips and chinups are underestimated in terms of mass gain. Dips are probably ideal for pectoral development. Chinups coupled with rows are ideal for the back. Squats cover the lower body. If I could pick three, it would be squat, chinup, dip. Not much is left out. Some lower back work, trap work, calves (or just sprint), and you should fulfill aesthetic needs.

Metabolic arm work for the anal rententive, but...

what do you guys think of this:

Day 1
squat 3x5
bench 3x5
deadlift 1x5
cardio (misc. excersises, i.e., punching bag, swimming, treadmill, rowing machine)

Day 2 - Rest

Day 3
squat 3x5
mil. press 3x5
hypers 3x10
chins 3x5
cardio

Day 4 - Rest

Day 5
squat 3x5
dips 3x5
bent over rows 3x5
cardio

Day 6 - Rest

Day 7
squat 3x5
mil. press 3x5
hypers 3x10
pullups 3x5

Day 8 - Rest

as a manipulation of the above program (i put the hypers back in).

any comments?

Anthrax Invasion said:
That would work just fine.

awesome. i think the variety will keep it interesting in the long run, until i feel i've worked up enough to move on to the single factor 5x5 (when this stops working).

Top Bottom