Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Green Tea lowers Testosterone?!?

PANTS

Someone posted that Green Tea lowers testosterone the other day. What do people think of this? I drink it regularly when cutting!

ANSWER: NO it does not.

Green tea contains the nonessential amino acid L-theanin. Scientific investigations have confirmed that L-theanine is responsible for relaxing the body and mind by promoting the generation of alpha waves within the brain. The production of alpha waves within the brain is associated with an awake yet relaxed state of being. Another function of L-theanin is production of tryptophan (puts you to sleep).

In conclusion, Green tea is one of the best thing for recovery in bodybuilding/weightlifting/dieting/health etc.

Mr.X :cool:

luuuvv green tea! Mr. X- I'm having it prior to training... feel I'm getting a little 'kick' from it...how is this possible with the production of tryptophan?

Flex4life,

Something I forgot to mention:
L-theanine appears to work via several mechanisms. As L-theanin enters the bloodstream, it is able to cross the blood-brain barrier, where it can undergo several chemical reactions resulting in the production go gamma amino butyric acid or GABA. (1)

(1)R.Kimura and T. Murata, "Effect of Theanine on Norephedrine and Serotonin Levels in Rat Brain." Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin (Tokyo), 34(7):3053-57, (1996).

Green tea has also been show to aid physical activity, hence the above study. While effecting the Serotonin levels at the same time. So, in turn, you can get a "kick" but also a feeling of relaxation.

Lipton

I stock up on green tea at the store all the time.. Lipton has flavor varieties also... (***Green tea was a major factor in helping me quit smoking)

What about this then? I hope its wrong I love green tea
:bawling:

Modulation of endocrine systems and food intake by green tea
epigallocatechin gallate.
Kao YH, Hiipakka RA, Liao S.

Ben May Institute for Cancer Research, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, and Tang Center for Herbal Medicine Research, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA.

Green tea polyphenols, especially the catechin, (-)-epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), have been proposed as a cancer chemopreventative based on a variety of laboratory studies. For clear assessment of the possible physiological
effects of green tea consumption, we injected pure green tea catechins ip into rats and studied their acute effects on endocrine systems. We found that EGCG, but not related catechins, significantly reduced food intake; body weight; blood levels of testosterone, estradiol, leptin, insulin,
insulin-like growth factor I, LH, glucose, cholesterol, and triglyceride; as well as growth of the prostate, uterus, and ovary. Similar effects were observed in lean and obese male Zucker rats, suggesting that the effect of EGCG was independent of an intact leptin receptor. EGCG may interact
specifically with a component of a leptin-independent appetite control pathway. Endocrine changes induced by parenteral administration of EGCG may relate to the observed growth inhibition and regression of human prostate
and breast tumors in athymic mice treated with EGCG as well as play a role in the mechanism by which EGCG inhibits cancer initiation and promotion in various animal models of cancer.

ubershaman said:
We found that EGCG, but not related catechins, significantly reduced food intake; body weight; blood levels of testosterone, estradiol, leptin, insulin,
insulin-like growth factor I, LH, glucose, cholesterol, and triglyceride; as well as
growth of the prostate,
uterus, and
ovary. Similar effects were observed in lean and obese male Zucker rats, suggesting that the effect of EGCG was independent of an intact leptin receptor. EGCG may interact
specifically with a component of a leptin-independent appetite control pathway. Endocrine changes induced by parenteral administration of EGCG may relate to the observed growth inhibition and regression of human prostate
and breast tumors in athymic mice treated with EGCG as well as play a role in the mechanism by which EGCG inhibits cancer initiation and promotion in various animal models of cancer.

reduced food intake; body weight; blood levels of testosterone, estradiol, leptin, insulin,
insulin-like growth factor I, LH, glucose, cholesterol, and triglyceride; as well as
growth of the prostate,
uterus, and
ovary

Reduced the risk, not increased; therefore disregard the study. It's acutally not accurate, for I've read it before, but never seen any other studies to back some of the facts.

Top Bottom