Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

going to start doing every bodypart 5x a week

E

Elite_Fry

ive always done a split... 1 bodypart once a week, but wanna try every body part every 5 days

any negatives to this that you know of?

thanks

when I read the title I thought u were going to do a bodypart 5 times a week, chest 5 times a week lol, takes me back.

mad_monkey59 said:
when I read the title I thought u were going to do a bodypart 5 times a week, chest 5 times a week lol, takes me back.

me too - this isn't what you mean, right Fry?

Elite_Fry said:
ive always done a split... 1 bodypart once a week, but wanna try every body part every 5 days

any negatives to this that you know of?

thanks

I'm not sure what you're planning for your split. Post more details.

Make sure that you're getting time off from lifting, though. I know I have that problem, I'm probably there way too much. You've only got one body, so don't screw it up. :chomp:

I;m not sure if I understood you but here goes. You mean hit each muscle once every 5 days. If so I like the plan I use it my self. Right in the middle of once and twice a week. Try it and see how it goes everyone recovers at a different. The way I make that work is like this.

1-chest
2-shoulders
3-arms
4-legs
5-back
REPEAT But I will take a day off if I feel I need it.

yeh i made the post and then realise the topic was wrong, but decided to leave it

this is what i was looking at

sunday - chest/triceps
monday - rest
tuesday - legs/shoulders
wednesday - rest
thursday - back/biceps
friday - repeat (chest/triceps)
saturday - rest

A 1x per week protocol runs straight into a detraining effect. It's not in any way ideal and it's largely based on misunderstood science. Increasing frequency is highly preferable even to 2-3x per week. The one issue people run into with increasing frequency is that they do the same workout more often - so if shooting for 2x per week they end up doubling the total volume. Well this is a major problem and why this blows up in people's faces. A better way is to use frequency to distribute your existing volume and then see over time if you can handle or require more. Example: You do 10 sets of squats for legs 1x per week - change this to 5 sets twice a week - total volume over the period is constant but frequency is increased. Now with 5 days rather than 7 this isn't as severe as doubling volume but make no mistake, if your workout protocol doesn't change you are significantly increasing volume. Maybe you can handle that and maybe you can't (depends on your level of conditioning and what your current tolerance for volume is) but you asked for possible issues and this is the key one.

Madcow2 said:
A 1x per week protocol runs straight into a detraining effect. It's not in any way ideal and it's largely based on misunderstood science. Increasing frequency is highly preferable even to 2-3x per week. The one issue people run into with increasing frequency is that they do the same workout more often - so if shooting for 2x per week they end up doubling the total volume. Well this is a major problem and why this blows up in people's faces. A better way is to use frequency to distribute your existing volume and then see over time if you can handle or require more. Example: You do 10 sets of squats for legs 1x per week - change this to 5 sets twice a week - total volume over the period is constant but frequency is increased. Now with 5 days rather than 7 this isn't as severe as doubling volume but make no mistake, if your workout protocol doesn't change you are significantly increasing volume. Maybe you can handle that and maybe you can't (depends on your level of conditioning and what your current tolerance for volume is) but you asked for possible issues and this is the key one.

how come current bodybuilders get so jacked using supercomposition?

Madcow2 said:

I was going to keep the same workout.. cos i usually never get sore after a workout, i guess i recover pretty well. So saying that i thought it would be okay to have 5 day weeks.

Top Bottom