Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Solo or Partner and Motivation

Solo or with need a workout partner?

• I workout alone

Votes: 52 80.0%
  • I workout with a partner

Votes: 13 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liberator

Yo bros

Do you workout alone or with a partner? State reasons why and how you motivate yourself either way

I workout alone, I like the challenge of mentally psyching myself up and having the pleasure of inflicting maximal effort without help. Its good to be able to motivate yourself.

I hate people who talk to me, infact I dont talk to anyone, if they try and talk to me I give them a one word answer then ignore them. I AM THERE TO TRAIN, NOT TO FUCK ABOUT. Most people dont talk to me now, they think I am ignorant, I am not I am just focused.

In the gym I am in control of my destiny and my world, there is no fat shit telling me what to do like at work, I am my own god, I think this moment should be relished. I dont need a workout partner or want one.

Do you ever find that this kind of hard earned motivation roles over into other places like work?

It gives you a whole new perspective on how people go about there lazy lives

I think the word for it is empowered

Liberator said:
Do you ever find that this kind of hard earned motivation roles over into other places like work?

It gives you a whole new perspective on how people go about there lazy lives

I think the word for it is empowered

work, no, there are a LOT of people at my workplace who are very dedicated to the job... my workout schedule is often frowned at since i don't come in at 8 and leave at 8...

but definately just looking at people i know (aquaintances and such) that could do so much more with their lives, but they're just lazy...

I was lucky enough to have 2 good training partners. The first was my father, who basically got me started training. The next was a girl who worked w/ me at the gym. She was good because she was always there and she was a pro athlete.

Other then that, The other ones I had, where never on time, or didn't want to change "THERE" workout. Or my they just wanted to talk about there problems, then we have my personal favorite, they can't do any basic movments such as squats or deadlifts due to old injuries. The bitches are more fuckin trouble then they are worth.

I NORMALLY WORK OUT ALONE BUT I'VE BEEN WORKING OUT WITH A PARTNER RECENTLY ONCE A WEEK. IT'S A GREAT CHANGE OF PACE. I MOTIVATE MYSELF BY THINKING ITS THE SUMMER AND I GOTTA LOOK GOOD IN A 2 PIECE. I ALSO HAVE FRIENDS THAT COMPETE IN FITNESS SO I TRY TO LOOK MY BEST TO KEEP UP WITH THEM (OR STAY CLOSE). AFTER A LONG DAY AT WORK AND DEALING WITH DRAMA, I REALLY DONT NEED THAT MUCH MOTIVATION TO GET INTO THE GYM. I TAKE MY FRUSTRATIONS OUT ON THE WEIGHTS. THE HARDER THE DAY, THE MORE INTENSE MY WORKOUT IS GOING TO BE.

I train alone but ask for spots so i an go beyond failure.

I talk to people regularly in my gym.

The better i know someone, the more aquainted we are. The more aquainted we are, the more i can trust them to be good spotters - it's like if they know me, they pay more attention and make more effort to spot good. If i ask a stanger they come over and most don't give a shit.

I always train alone... no one is as into bodybuilding as I am and no one really knows what their talking about at my age either. :(:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom