Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Breakfast of Champions! (~ Not Dbol ~)

Mavy

Super Human
Platinum
Old post of mine ... thought I would put it here! everyone knows that dbol is the real breakfast of champions, but this is the second runner up.

Hey guys ... Just discovered a great BB breakfast thats so good, just wanted to share it with you.

Thought I would put this post out if anyone has any new good super high protein cooking ideas out there. I sometimes get sick of the same ol diet and dishes day in and day out, and want to try to spice it up a bit. So if anyone has any good recipies/ideas for some tasty "different" meals packed with complex carbohydrates (no girly insulin spikes), or good lean protein to aid muscle growth and repair, then post em up!

The new breakfast that I have started eating a good 3 days/week now are Breakfast Burritos! Trust me on this ... they are awesome, and quick and easy to make. I am addicted to these. I think that I am just excited because it is a change from my regular "oatmeal and eggs" or "protein shake and cereal" breakfasts that I usually eat. Here is the recipe. Got this from a BB mag (tweaked it a bit).

What you get:

-Egg whites (or egg substitute) for a fat free high qualtiy protein.

-Red Pepper and green chillies - adds a little zip and excellent source of vitamin C, (onions or tomatoes - whatever veggies you want, I put them all in except for the chillies).

-Large whole-wheat tortillas - good source of fiber and B vitamins, (I use sundried tomato tortillas).

What you need:

*1 cup of eggwhites (or substitute such as Egg Beaters).
*1 small red pepper seeded and chopped (and onions, tomatoes, whatever you want/like for veggies etc...)
*1 cup black beans (from a can) rinsed and drained.
*1/4 tsp salt
*1/4 tsp ground pepper
*1/4-oz. can diced green chilies (I havent tried this yet)
*2 10 or 12-inch whole-wheat tortillas
*hot sauce (a little to early for me so I leave this out)
*cooking spray or extra virgin olive oil (i use olive oil)

How to make it:

1. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray or olive oil. Plop the pan over medium-high heat
2. Add the red bell pepper (and onions or whatever else you may use for veggies) and cook for three minutes, until soft.
3. Throw in the eggs (or substitute), then the beans, salt and black pepper, and cook for two or three minutes until the egg is done, stirring frequently. Stir in the green chilis if you like.
4. Dump the eggy scramble onto the center of each tortilla and fold (gotta learn how to do this right). * I also added grated low fat cheese to this, its really good.
5. Serve the burritos hot (cerveza is optional).

Makes 2 large servings (I can usually eat them both)
Per Serving:
256 calories,
40g carbs,
35g protein,
zero fat,
20g fiber

Not to bad, 60grams protein if you eat em both. They are really good (if you like black beans, a lot of people dont). Also good when you add cheese. I drain 2 cans of beans, keep em in a container in the fridge and chop up all the peppers, onions etc, and keep them in the fridge so they are quick and easy to make. I eat these about 3 days a week now for breakfast, Its a nice change.

Let em rip ... if you have any new ideas on how to get those macros down throughout the day. Kinda sad how something like this (a new breakfast), can excite me so much, hahahaha

Cheers,
Mavy

hahah, that looks pretty good actually, I'll have to try that one.

When I get my own place with my own kitchen of course - dorm isnt very cooking friendly.

Hahaha .. I here you there. Once you get oyour own pad, you will be surprised at how fast your cooking skills develop! haha

Cheers bro
Mavy

Top Bottom