Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Long term effects of Clenbuterol

EL GAUCHO

Thanks to the sticky CLEN FAQ post, most people's questions are answered regarding its use and side effects.
However it seems very little (or nothing) has been written or speculated on the long term effects of Clenbuterol cycles.
Factors such as long term effects on the Prostate, long term impacts on a person's metabolism, or addiction may be possibilities?

Correct me if I'm wrong, or better still lets get some answers to this question:
"What are the long term effects of Clen use, or any other thermogenic such as Ephedrine".
I'd be interested on getting people's opinions or experiences.
EG.

in rats clen made the muscles around the heart tighter and less flexable it also enlarged the heart. we are not rats so i can't say that it will happend to you

The study you refer to is the following:
Myotoxic effects of clenbuterol in the rat heart and soleus muscle

Jatin G. Burniston1, Yeelan Ng1, William A. Clark2, John Colyer3, Lip-Bun Tan4, and David F. Goldspink1
1 Research Institute for Sport and Exercise Sciences, Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool L3 2ET; Departments of 3 Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and 4 Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, United Kingdom; and 2 Michael Reese Hospital and Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60616-3990

Myocyte-specific necrosis in the heart and soleus muscle of adult male Wistar rats was investigated in response to a single subcutaneous injection of the anabolic 2-adrenergic receptor agonist clenbuterol. Necrosis was immunohistochemically detected by administration of a myosin antibody 1 h before the clenbuterol challenge and quantified by using image analysis. Clenbuterol-induced myocyte necrosis occurred against a background of zero damage in control muscles. In the heart, the clenbuterol-induced necrosis was not uniform, being more abundant in the left subendocardium and peaking 2.4 mm from the apex. After position (2.4 mm from the apex), dose (5 mg clenbuterol/kg), and sampling time (12 h) were optimized, maximum cardiomyocyte necrosis was found to be 1.0 ± 0.2%. In response to the same parameters (i.e., 5 mg of clenbuterol and sampled at 12 h), skeletal myocyte necrosis was 4.4 ± 0.8% in the soleus. These data show significant myocyte-specific necrosis in the heart and skeletal muscle of the rat. Such irreversible damage in the heart suggests that clenbuterol may be damaging to long-term health.

Although the dose stated in this abstract is very high, the lower doses used in the study when corrected for rat-human metabolism (Kleiber's Law) still show damage to skeletal muscle and potentially cardiac muscle in doses commonly used by human physique competitors (100 + ug/d).

The problem with applying the above to humans are the massive amounts of Clen used (5mg/kg BW?!?), and the genetic differences between rats and humans at the receptors.

Anyone else?

based on ephedrine's effect on the heart i am going to go out on the limb here and say clen long term is not the best thing for you

Although the dose stated in this abstract is very high, the lower doses used in the study when corrected for rat-human metabolism (Kleiber's Law) still show damage to skeletal muscle and potentially cardiac muscle in doses commonly used by human physique competitors (100 + ug/d).

I think that makes it pretty fucking clear its bad shit...

Good point. I think the problem is there's a lack of human tested evidence, and the drug hasn't been used extensively for long enough for long term effects to come out.
The future may see a lot of heart afflicted fitness enthusiasts, who caned the thermogenics in their earlier years.

EL GAUCHO said:
Good point. I think the problem is there's a lack of human tested evidence, and the drug hasn't been used extensively for long enough for long term effects to come out.
The future may see a lot of heart afflicted fitness enthusiasts, who caned the thermogenics in their earlier years.

If it kills a rat, they don't give it to people ;)

Its funny, you always hear they don't use clen for asthma because of the half life. People say its too long.

You never hear its because of heart damage.

Sometimes this "network/brotherhood" really sucks at delivering all the information.

I honestly beleive that clen is one of the most dangerous drugs if abused. I've used it extensively and I've seen changes in myself and some people close to me have noticed the same thing...things like stuttering and having trouble putting a sentence together, also clen gives me rage more than any drug.

If you do a search, you'll find a post where I ran clen for 4-5 weeks straight at 100mcg ED and I woke up with the most painful kidney pains at 4 in the morning. I only use clen post cycle now, only for 10-14 days at a time.

Top Bottom