Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do you get good at arm wrestling?

nodiggitydave

What muscles are used?

I remember a girl back in school who could beat any lad who challenged her, quite amazing really. And when she grew up, wow she's hot :qt:

Not to boast, but I've always been a decent arm wrestler, not on a world-class level or anything tough, lol, just in school and at the bar.

The 2 main things are tendon strength and leverage/technique. A lot of arm wrestlers like hammer/reverse curls, but I have heard the way to maximize your potential is to arm wrestle, just keep doing it, break down the tendons until they are sore to the touch, let them heal and break them down again, and just keep repeating......that and technique work through practice to maximize your leverage.

use the same movement on a cable machine. bring it down to elbow-high and use the same arm wrestling movement except it's parallel to the floor

Not that this has any valididity, but a competitive arm wrestler did a demo at a spot near where i lived a few years back, and he said one of the exercises he does was hold his arm straight out gripping a piece of newspaper with his thumb and index finger...then he without moving his arm would try and crinkle it all up into a ball in his hand..and he would do 5-6 sheets in a row. I tried doing 1...and that hurt pretty bad....

He would start by holding it with 2 fingers, but use his whole hand for crumpling it..the goal was to get it into a ball in his hand, still tough....like i said, don't know that it will help at all, just relaying what I was told by him.

that news paper thing really works well.. go through a whole paper( not sunday)
and each piece you crumple, switch hands... you will want to wash your hands afterwards... if you can, being so sore and all..

edit* arm wrestling requires a couple things, Strength, technique, and torque.

if you cant take them down with strength, then push your shoulder forward (closer to your hand) and use that torque babY!

also, double interlock grips work well for grip... grab your oppenents hand, and place your thumb underneath your middle finger (so 2 over and 2 under your thumb)... with this grip its alot easier to overcome their leverage and bend their wrist to take em down...

im no pro, i just do it alot

wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, hand grippers, donut grippers, rope wrist pulls, doing pull-ups by holding on to towels, side wrist curls, working your rear shoulders helps

Top Bottom