Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who are some good pro bodybuilders to watch posing routines?

iron asylum

So I'm still thinking about doing a show in early December called the "Excaliber" and I need to start learning how to pose and put together a routine of sorts. Who are some classic posers that would be good to study? I still have a ways to go being at 6.2% right now but have plenty of time to drop the rest.

Youtube Vince Gironda, Ed Corney and Arnold. Of course, it's a little old fashioned but you'll learn fluidity and continuity. Robbie Robinson was good too, but with that much muscle it's hard NOT to look good!

Arnold.

more current ones or ones maybe in the late 80's early 90s? Such in the field of labradas era? Kai is a master but he has a little more funk in him then I could ever bring being a white boy.

Most guys today suck--their posing has nothing to do with the music that is playing. Russ Testo used to have a video out on posing routines that was good but I don't know if you can still find it anywhere. More importantly is you mandatory poses if you have never competed before---definately get help with that and not just a buddy at the gym that is going to tell you that everything looks great--someone that knows what to look for and accentuate you better bodyparts while doing you best to hide the not so great parts. You can NEVER start too early working on you posing too soon--you train hours every day for months to get ready for a show and are only given a couple of minutes to show you hard work so you have to make the best of every second. Every person I have ever help as well as myself always leaves thinking they should have worked on their posing a little more. Good luck!

I agree with Ed Corney, guy was a master of classical posing. Even Arnold loved to watch Corney pose!

A posing routine used to be a part of the judging, today it's worthless. That's why most guys just plod across the stage hitting mandatory poses. Even back in 99' when I did the NPC I think I was one of maybe 3 guys the entire night who actually had a choregraphed routine.

If you've got some great dance moves, that's cool but if you don't quite make it, it's just gay.

If you've got some great dance moves, that's cool but if you don't quite make it, it's just gay.

I agree sorta--guys that have some rhythm often just go out and dance--not bodybuilding but I think there is a reality show for that. Being a white dude with no rhythm I had to just learn how to pose well. Worst is when they allow props--every now and then it can be cool but usually it is REALLY bad. I wished some of the judging was based on the routine even if it was just 10%. Vince Taylor was one of the best guest posers I ever met--really cool guy--Craig Titus was the worst--fat, about passed out after 1 minute on stage and a prick

Top Bottom