Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

im sick

ironpipes47

i was training good, everything was fine. and then all of a sudden last sunday i woke up with a sore throat. it hurts to swallow. but ive lost 10 pounds. i can barely eat or drink anything. but would i gain the weight back fairly quick. it pisses me off to work my ass off and then i get sick and watch it all vanish. its been a week. im goin to the doctor for it finally.

You will not lose muscle that quickly. You've likely lost alot of water, and yes you'll gain it back.

Hope you feel better soon! :)

minor speed hump/set back......in the grand scheme of things a week of being sick wont hurt your goals too much.

look at all the pro benchers tearing triceps and pecs......coming back and smashing records. (i myself have torn tendons and ligaments.....and come back 6 weeks later perfectly normal)
getting sick is nothing compaired to hard tissue damage

(a few months ago) I had gastro enteritis (sp?) where i was hospitalised because i couldnt drink/eat and had shat and vomited all the water and acids out of my body. i had lost up to 25lbs over the week because i could only eat chicken noodle soup and gatoraid.

here i am now a few kilos lighter...but a lot stronger

you will come back dont fret...depends how sick you get will determine your "comeback"

Here's what I did I got sick on sunday the 17th which was the day after my meet so I had already taken a week off to rest well guess what I took this whole week off to rest and today was my first day back to training. Although while I was sick I know how it is you don't feel like eating anything right now I stil feel a lil shitty after my workout and I wasn't as strong or as fast so i just decreased the weight a lil and speed did go down well it'll comeback shortly. Dude if your that sick it is better just to take the time you need off of liftin hopefully it's a week or so and you don't have any meets soon(within a month or so). So just take them off. I went ahead and since I didn't feel like eatin alot of whole foods and I knew liquid had alot to do with it I drank alot of shakes(the cubanito shake, the best round:D).

Top Bottom