Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much would a 165lber have to bench to go to the Arnold Classic???

S

solidj55

Hypothetically speaking how much weight do you guys think that a 165lber would have to bench to be invited to the Arnold classic?
I am just curious because I have not really heard of any light weight guys in the Arnold usually just the light weight women. So lets hear it, how much would a 165lb man have to bench in order to be invited to the Arnold??? Also, what meet in your opinions is the best one to lift in to get "noticed"???

A lot.

Would need to push over 450 I would say. Angelo Berardinelli has benched 490 in competition at 165, and Dr. Larry Miller has also done over 490 and they have both been invited at one time or another, so I would say somewhere in their neighborhood would get you there.

B

can you compete in only one lift

Im new to power lifting, but are you allowed to compete in only one lift? If so wouldnt that drastically effect what weight class you fell into, Say if you stuck only to bench, you could work solely on the muscles that create a good bench and save yourself from gaining weight in the other departments

Some meets allow you to compete is a single lift, other don't. What some people will do is enter the meet, but lift the miminum in the two lifts they don't want to compete in and go all out in the other. You probably wouldn't get a trophy if you won that one lift, though.

Top Bottom