Nolvadex increase libido?

Posted: 26-Sep-2006 01:40 PM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Nolvadex increase libido? within the PCT Post Steroid Cycle Therapy category.

Excerpt: Does Nolvadex increase libido. I know it works to block estrogen receptors....

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 26-Sep-2006, 01:40 PM   #1
United States
Does Nolvadex increase libido. I know it works to block estrogen receptors.
Gallery of ThepoolGuy  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Re: Nolvadex increase libido?

Old 26-Sep-2006, 01:41 PM   #2
United States
Quote posted by ThepoolGuy

actually the opposite, its causes libido issues (at least in the clinicals with men) in about 1/3 of users.
Gallery of macrophage69alpha  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 26-Sep-2006, 01:46 PM   #3
Lebanon
Quote posted by ThepoolGuy
Yes it does:
it acts as an anti-estrogen in the pituitary, thus increasing lh - leutenizing hormone - and FSH - follicle stimulating hormone - , which results in an increase in testosterone. 20mgs of Nolvadex will raise your testosterone levels about 150% (6)...Nolvadex actually has quite a few applications for the steroid using athlete. First and foremost, itís most common use is for the prevention of gynocomastia. Nolvadex does this by actually competing for the receptor site in breast tissue, and binding to it. Thus, we can safely say that the effect of tamoxifen is through estrogen receptor blockade of breast tissue (7).
Estrogen is also important for a properly functioning immune system, and not only that, but your lipid profile (both HDL and LDL) should also show marked improvement with administration of tamoxifen (34).

Nolvadex also has some important features for the steroid using athlete. In hypogonadic and infertile men given nolvadex, increases in the serum levels of lh - leutenizing hormone - , FSH - follicle stimulating hormone - , and most importantly, testosterone were all observed (35)It can also block a bit of estrogen in the pituitary, which is a great benefit when used with HCG - human chorionic gonadotropin - (more on that later) (36)(37). The increase in testosterone Nolvadex can give someone with a dysfunctional is basically that 20mgs of Nolvadex will raise your testosterone levels about 150% (6)...

Link:
http://www.mesomorphosis.com/article...le-therapy.htm
Gallery of AhMadKooL  

Old 26-Sep-2006, 01:56 PM   #4
United States
increased testosterone does not mean increased libido. It can. though not when the ER is blocked.

however loss of libido is due to nolva direct actions on the ER (as an antagonist).

the loss of libido is similar to what many people experience with letrozole, even when on high levels of test. though that is due to estrogen suppression not ER blockade (the effect though being quite similar)

Old 29-Sep-2006, 07:19 PM   #5
United States
as a note- some people because of receptor isoform anomolies or distribution will get increased libido from tamoxifen just as some individuals (for different but similar reasons) will get a libido boost from nandrolone. Generally both will tend to suppress libido.

the bad thing about both Deca-Durabolin - nandrolone decanoate - (long ester nandrolone) and tamoxifen is the tremendously long release pattern (Deca-Durabolin - nandrolone decanoate - ) and tremendously long half-life (tamoxifen).. so that if you do have issues it can take several weeks to get blood levels down and well over a month to get them to "low" levels.

Old 29-Sep-2006, 07:23 PM   #6
United States
clomid on the other hand has been shown to increase libido to some extent.

clomid does have its downsides, but its generally a better drug and one that has a much more extensive track record when it comes to PCT. Not frontloading can really reduce clomid issues (which are mostly emotional and some mild acne- though usually odd places- like a single spot on forearm another on shoulder, etc..)

Old 29-Sep-2006, 07:33 PM   #7
Argentina
Does for me... love the effect!
Gallery of TraxZBT  

Old 29-Sep-2006, 08:18 PM   #8
United States
Nolvadex shut me down as bad as trenbolone. When I stopped the nolva and just used the clomid I got back to normal.
Gallery of Swtrue  

Old 29-Sep-2006, 08:51 PM   #9
United States
Nolvadex caused my libido to go down the toilet...clomid did the opposite!
Gallery of njmuscleguy  
Proud Supporter of EliteFitness.com! Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...

Old 30-Sep-2006, 12:45 PM   #10
United States
Quote posted by njmuscleguy
Nolvadex caused my libido to go down the toilet...clomid did the opposite!

this is generally the case