Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Poll: Your Favorite Bulking Up Ratios of Protein, Carbs, and Fat

C/P/F Ratio

• 40/40/20

Votes: 64 45.4%
  • 33/33/33

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • 40/30/30

Votes: 23 16.3%
  • 45/40/15

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other (List in Thread)

Votes: 15 10.6%

• Total voters

Josh37

I know everyone is different and calories are more important, but after that, which ratios worked best for you?

hi. newbie here. i would really love to know more about bulking ratios. got interested when i came across that macrobolic diet as preached by supplement company MHP. they suggest a 45/35/20 ratio of c/p/f. i have never really computed for these things and normally just watch my protein intake based on 1.5g to 2g per bodyweight. i want to bulk up some more, but not at the expense of a much larger waist.

Bumping this thread because it's very important IMO. I chose 4/3/3 C/P/F. If you read The Zone by Barry Sears you'll understand why. He has a PhD from MIT in drug delivery and has a number of patents. He has put many athletes on his diet who gained nothing but muscle and lost nothing but fat. Just increasing the calories as per your BMR needs will bulk you nicely. The 4/4/2 is nice too, i just prefer the 4/3/3.

filipino-chinese said:
hi. newbie here. i would really love to know more about bulking ratios. got interested when i came across that macrobolic diet as preached by supplement company MHP. they suggest a 45/35/20 ratio of c/p/f. i have never really computed for these things and normally just watch my protein intake based on 1.5g to 2g per bodyweight. i want to bulk up some more, but not at the expense of a much larger waist.

Hello. Like you, I am pretty new at this, but my one experience with bulking was characterized by more fat gain than I wanted. I gained a lot of lean body mass too, but my waist got bigger than I wanted. I've been leaning down for the past 6 weeks by cutting my calories 300 below daily maintenance levels while working hard as ever in the gym. I try to keep my diet on these ratios: protein 25% of caloric intake, fat 15-20% of calories and the rest carbohydrates. I am a protein metabolic type, so need 25% or so to avoid loss of lean body mass while leaning. So far in the past 6 weeks I have lost fat and gained muscle. All my weight loss, about 1.5 kg, has been fat. I think I have a handle on this now, so that the next time I bulk, I can avoid gaining excess fat. The key is calories. Then maintain your protein needs, watch the fat, and let the carbs take care of themselves. It akes some management, but it is possible to make good progress on body composition.

40/40/20 , While I try to be somewhat balanced, when bulking I try to get as many calories as possible, while eating pretty clean. I eat tons of oatmeal, brown rice, tuna, chicken breasts, I get fats from red meat and peanut butter, plus olive oil. Plus I drink a few protein shakes per day. I make sure to get 40 to 50 grams of protein for each meal, and I have 5 to 6 meals.

IMO, if you want to minimize fat gain while bulking, try to avoid sugar and bad fats.

45p 30c 25f,

But what I like best is to zig zag all days are high protien, three days are higher in carbs and two days are higher in fat and carbs. two days are lover in fat and carbs. that the way I add bulk with minium fat.

Top Bottom