Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Too late to start martial arts at age 30?

No not at all. You probably won't compete. But its never to late to learn!

What's your goal? Self defense? Just for fun?

Sent from my ADR6350 using EliteFitness

Thanks. My main goal is a self defense and to develop a resistance to fear of physical pain. I tend to retreat where I shouldn't.

At least it used to be which martial arts assoc u joined that made a difference. I did taekwondo with one group and they trained us hard and accelerated and I moved and joined in the new area and kicked everyones ass because I was trained better.
Based on ur name it looks like ur in eastern europe or russia, do they have diff martial arts associations there?

Sent from my htc t-bolt using the elitefitness app.

You can do anything if you stay committed. My dad had a Martial Arts school and taught for over 25 years. He still competed into his 40's. It will help your confidence no doubt.

At least it used to be which martial arts assoc u joined that made a difference. I did taekwondo with one group and they trained us hard and accelerated and I moved and joined in the new area and kicked everyones ass because I was trained better.
Based on ur name it looks like ur in eastern europe or russia, do they have diff martial arts associations there?

Yes. We have several popular martial arts in Russia: sambo, boxing, wrestling, judo, aikido, thai boxing. Not sure about ju-jit-su, have to look at it.

I formally studied martial arts for many years. Ishin Ryu was my base. I loved it. It was hard, heavy, and effective. It isn't flashy showy by any means, but it certainly gets the job done. I've studied some southern shaolin Kung Fu, Tai Chi, and rounded it off with multiple forms of yoga.

Studying something that trains your body, mind, and spirit, AT ANY AGE, is a positive. They're right, you probably won't be competing, but you can build a tremendous connection between mind/body/spirit, as well as learn to understand and utilize the flowing energy of this universe.

Good luck to you. And hard work.

I'm 31 and I just started doing mma yesterday. It's never too late. You are only limited by the limits you put on yourself, aside from physical limitations the sky is the limit my friend. I hit the gym six days a week for at least an hour and a half a session, I bike to work or where ever I go, I jog and roller blade on weekends, I swim when I'm in the mood for it. I try to stay in good physical shape and at thirty one I have no issues other than pushing to hard at times. You can do this.

Top Bottom