Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Would you want to live forever?

Would you want to live forever?

• Yes, absolutely.

Votes: 96 41.7%
  • Yes, but only if I could share eternity with others.

Votes: 45 19.6%
  • Live long, YES. Forever, not so sure...

Votes: 54 23.5%
  • No way!

Votes: 34 14.8%

• Total voters
Old Age

You'll change your mind once you get old. Humans aren't made to last. If we were they'd be made out of kevlar, stainless steel, advanced composites, and the nervous system would be hard wired with a chip to control it. Instead we are biodegradable units. In the eyes of nature species are important, not the individual units that comprise it. Even the species are terminal. If we aren't destroyed by our short or long term actions, or some other force such as a meteor hitting earth, the sun will nova in a couple of billion years and we'll all be fried anyway. And I doubt that we'll end up getting on any spacecraft and heading out into space to inhabit another planet in another solar system. Your only recourse if you think that your existense is so important to yourself is to get on the religion bandwagon. Not that it's necessarily true but it might give you some measure of reassurance that your conciousness will go on after death. Even though your body will just become plant food.

Re

I could answer this the christian way but then I would get a bunch of crap from non believers so I will just play along.
If everyone lived forever it would be messed up. Earth would be over populated in a hurry. What if I lived forever? To much sorrow. Loved ones would all die and that would suck. Sounds cool but I think it would get old after a couple hundred years. So I think I will just pass on like everyone else.

forever

So the secret to long life and happiness is avoid loved ones...they are just so damn inconsiderate when they die, make strong freindships with plants...so you will always have part of your plant food dead freinds around, but seriously. We contemplate eternity in the times when we doubt an afterlife because we are afraid that we are just a bunch of pre-programmed chemicals with no ounce of divinity within us. If an afterlife was a certanty then we would not have such morbid terms for death and would consider the posted questions rediculous. We do not nead to turn to religion (it is not the only other answer), what realy nead to do (in my humble opinion...) is to analise the questions, it is not about would you want to live forever, what it realy asks is how afraid of death and lonliness are you? We are afraid of our sense of 'the temporary' and only when we 'feel' a sense of 'permanence' do we look at death more positively. Hell, I am not a religious man but I do not believe in death either...alas, the danger of empirical knowledge is that in imparting its truth our accounts become anecdotal and thus unscientific....so in conclusion, the answer has to be what a load of bollocks...we have no choice but to live forever, we just don't know it yet......NEXT QUESTION.

Good point, "now" you would like to see what the future will be like say in 1000 years, but then - 1000 years from now you might wish otherwise...

hardgainer (keep it bumping)

True, but if it ever ends up being that bad, you can always jump in a fast car and drive it full speed off the Grand Canyon. :)

Top Bottom