Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Trt .. And prostate issues in older men..

Stackinplates

Anabolic Moderator
Elite Moderator
Hey guys this question is for my dad..

He is 66 yrs old workouts are intense for his age he has lost lots of fat and is very lean but can't gain or retain muscle .. Got his test levels checked and he is at 200.... We have been taking about Trt and he has really been wanting to go that route ... But has prostate issues already we suspect it's from a prior vasectomy and all the research we have done ...

Does anyone know or have info regarding Trt and prostate swelling or issues of that nature ....

My TRT doc just recommended a prostate exam. From what I understand it's something you do need to keep an eye on.

From what I've read and through discussions with several urologists. If you have a healthy prostate, then having low T can actually cause/lead to prostate problems in a normally healthy male. That said, IF you "already" have a history of prostate issues then increasing your test can exacerbate the problem. Especially if you're talking about cancer.

What he needs to do is see a urologist and be totally forthcoming about his medical past, current situation etc. Then they can get him sorted out.

one of the best bits of wisdom from a trt doc I heard was that if test caused prostate issues why isnit it that a ton of 18 year old alpha males complain of Prostate problems? If you chart it, Prostate problems tend to coincide with declining test levels.

I agree but also have read that vasectomies also car cause prostate issues..

So I guess what I'm asking is if the prostate is already enlarged and you arty have high prostate readings is testosterone replacement therapy probably a bad idea

My husband had a vasectomy over 12 years ago. He's been on TRT for over 7 years. He pisses like a racehorse. Last time they did a PSA he was fine.

Any man that lives long enough is going to have prostate enlargement or even cancer, but the thing is, it's so slow (and often benign) you're liable to die of just about anything else on the planet if you just leave it alone (other than taking meds to help with secondary symptoms). I think the whole vasectomy increasing prostate cancer risk is crap, honestly. Right up there with saying a woman getting a tubal ligation has increased her risk of breast or uterine cancer.

Then again, maybe cutting the testosterone supply off to the prostate by severing the vas deferans is harmful. In that case the best thing a man could do is supplement with TRT. I lean towards Djimbe's doctor's feelings, it's why I went on HRT as soon as I started with menopausal symptoms as opposed to waiting for the full cessation of menses. I honestly think you ward off more harm by keeping hormone levels as close to youthful levels.

Yea I agree to some extent ..

The reading I have done on vasectomies and prostate issues is because my father and my uncle both had prostate issues after vasectomy

Every other mail in our family that hasn't had any kind of a sec to me has no prostate issues either

The reason why I was curious about TRT and prostate issues is because my father's prostate is already so in large and he has trouble urinating all the time it's hormone levels are shit he tried oxandrolone for two weeks and had to discontinue because he physically could not piss

He said it was near impossible ..

Just wondering how prostate and hormone levels work

How long has ur hubs been on Trt ? And he had no prior prostate issues at all correct .

Guess I'm looking for guys tha have had enlarged prostate and gotten on Trt.

Have they noticed any issues at all

Was thinking of getting him to see a dr about gh but then again have read that it causes issues with prostate as well

My father lifts 4 days a week he bust ass in the gym but at his age his muscle mass is slowly diminishing his body just does not have the hormone structure to keep mass..

Any ideas on things he can do to build muscle that won't affect prostate ?

Top Bottom