Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Telomerase: Say Goodbye To Aging

Sinistar

Banned
supplementing this chemical when it becomes available will either reverse, halt, or greatly slow the aging process. it stops automatic cell death after so amny divisions.

Orexin: once beleived to regulate appitite, this chemical has been found to have a huge effect on sleep. in other words, taking this will allow you to stay up for weeks at a time. it will also cure narcolepsy.

Nanomachines: soon, this micro machines will take the place of your heart. that means that a heart beat will become totally optional.

i got these out of a outside magazine about living forever. they also go into cyber-humanity. pretty good article.

Isn't telomerase directly involved in the cell division process?

Telomeres are not the only factor in cellular damage in relation to age. However, I do believe that if we found a way to direct and utilize telomerase for therapy, we could dramatically increase our life spans.

Orexin and staying up for weeks at a time? Count me out.

sleep is a very complex phenomenom, orexin (also known as hypocretin) DOES play a role in narcolepsy, but by no means is it the only neurotransmitter that plays a role in sleep. GABA, histamine, acetylcholine, and adenosine, to name a few, also play major roles in sleep regulation. ain't no way we'll be getting rid of sleep for a LONG time.

collegiateLifter said:
doesn't cancer get more and more common when you mess with cell reproduction?
Oh yeah, especially in regard to telomerase. Telomerase is one of the factors that makes cancer cancer.

Silent Method said:

Oh yeah, especially in regard to telomerase. Telomerase is one of the factors that makes cancer cancer.

That is why the research on factor 5A will be very useful in the coming years. This factor kills cancer cells while leaving the healthy cells alone. Ironically, it was discovered while companies were developing techniques to extend the shelf-lives of veggies.

I remember this stuff from bio in high school...

Basically normal human DNA has a few thousand extra bits at the end. Over the life of the cell, this extra length, called telomeres, is reduced as cell division occurs,. Telomerase is an enzyme that rebuilds telomeres in cells. Normal, healthy cells don't have it, but for some reason cancerous cells do. Strains of cancer cells are immortal if adequately provisioned.

It would definitely be interesting if there were a way to get this into human cells.

Also 2thick, could you elaborate on targeting cancer cells?

-casualbb

casualbb said:

Also 2thick, could you elaborate on targeting cancer cells?

-casualbb

Senesco's Patent-Pending Factor 5A Gene Reduces Apoptosis in Preclinical Glaucoma Studies
March 11, 2003 08:08:00 AM ET

NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 11, 2003--Senesco Technologies, Inc. ("Senesco" or the "Company") SNT today announced that inhibiting the expression of its patent-pending gene, apoptosis eucaryotic Initiation Factor 5A ("Factor 5A"), has been shown to reduce apoptosis (cell death) in preclinical studies with human lamina cribrosa cells from the optic nerve head of human eyes. The lamina cribrosa is a supporting structure for the optic nerve at the point of connection with the eye. Apoptosis is a critical factor leading to blindness in glaucoma patients.

Glaucoma is a group of eye conditions arising from damage to the optic nerve that results in progressive blindness. It is estimated that 70-80 million people worldwide suffer from glaucoma, at least 5 million of whom have already become irreversibly blind. Apoptosis has been shown to be a direct cause of this optic nerve damage. Senesco has shown in other preclinical human studies that modifying the expression of its Factor 5A gene can effectively control apoptosis.

John Thompson, Ph.D., Senesco's Executive Vice President of Research and Development commented, "Our ongoing studies on apoptosis in human cancer cells and ischemic heart tissue gave us reason to believe that Factor 5A could be an effective tool for treating other human disease states attributable to abnormal apoptosis, such as glaucoma. These early tests with cells from human optic nerve heads appear to support that hypothesis, for we have seen up to a 70% reduction in apoptosis by inhibiting the Factor 5A gene."

Dr. Thompson added, "Factor 5A is a very powerful gene that appears to regulate the entire apoptotic process. The finding that it controls apoptosis in the optic nerve head indicates that blocking the expression of Factor 5A could potentially become an effective treatment for glaucoma."

In addition to the glaucoma study, Senesco has preclinical research programs in progress in which its proprietary apoptosis Factor 5A gene is being tested in diseased heart tissue and human cancers

LOL......WHO WANTS TO STAY UP FOR WEEKS AT A TIME??? I STAY UP ONE WHOLE NIGHT AND MY SKIN STARTS TO LOOK LIKE SHIT AND MY BODY FEELS LIKE DEATH. SLEEP IS FOR RECOVERY.

Top Bottom