Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

stay away from statins-crestor

yendor

I am 63. I still compete on the state and national masters level. that being said I went to my doctor in July of 2013 and he ran blood work. everything was reading very good except the cholesterol. He suggested I stay clean for 5 months, run a panel and see what the results would look like before he re-prescribes more trt. The results came back in 2 weeks and showed all organs ticking very well, test was low, gave a new script. At that time my body fat was at 4% so he suggested Crestor to help reduce my cholesterol as genetics might be into play. After 3 weeks on Crestor I went from national contender to a typical 63 ready for the nursing home. My weight loss was 18 pounds, no appetite, no energy, dark urine, muscle mass depleted. I would come home from work and collapse. I had a death mask on yet no contest was coming up. doc immediately said stop taking Crestor and drink gallons of water to try to flush my system. well, after 3 weeks I found my appetite and started back training. Muscle separation is still good, vascularity is coming back, strength on the rise, still clean. I was lucky. I found out that one of the main side effects of a statin is MUSCLE WASTING. the more athletic/muscular you are the harder it hits. THINK before taking a statin if you want to retain that hard earned muscle,go natural with oatmeal, steel cut oats, limit fats, do anything you can naturally to lower cholesterol if you have to. I was lucky. The net is full of lawsuits over this drug and its side effects.Maybe this will help others.

Last edited:
Elevated cholesterol happens when the bodies hormones get low. It happens to help with toxins and it happens as a stop gap to prevent arterial rupture.

Getting amalgum fillings replaced and any root canals dug out and cleaned up will lower cholestrol (if elevated) a lot simply by reducing toxins.

Following pauling therapy (large dose vit C, lysine and proline)to keep arteries clean, clear and healthy will also reduce cholesterol.

Most docs dont even understand why elevated cholesterol happens and elevated cholesterol happens for a reason, taking statins or any other drug to lower it just masks the symptoms and doesnt address the underlying problem.

I had a bad experience with Red Yeast Rice recently.

I suspect I have familial hypercholesterolemia (both of my parents long dead, no extended family contact). Strong history of heart disease in the men on my father's side. My cholesterol scared my poor doctor :FRlol: (300+ total, LDL and Trigs both through the roof, HDL normal). I'm perimenopausal so hormones are a bit out of control (trying to fix them with bioidenticals). My diet has been extremely clean for years, virtually no processed food, home cooked, very close to the earth and a HUGE amount of it local/sustainable/organic. Doc recommended I take Red Yeast Rice then retest. Took the shit for three weeks plus additional CoQ10. My stamina was in the tank when I dropped it, got to the point where I couldn't even ride a recumbent bike for 5 minutes at a time, when I was doing an hour plus at the beginning of the month. Going up and down the stairs was starting to become difficult.

Statins are fucked up. They screw with the fats in the brain. Short term memory and long term retrieval problems oftentimes. I work in a hospital, cardiac side of things. Medicine is evidence based. The shit must work or the insurance wont pay the doctors. So it is all about how many patients did what rather than individual variation. This is why statins are used because drug companies funded the goddamn studies showing positive results on LDL and other cholesterol. Look up Abram Hoffer. All this cholesterol started when Hoffer gave his psychiatric patients niacin in large quantities in Saskatchewan. Interesting he found that simultaneously things like HDL and blood lipid profiles would improve. Problem is the prostagladin release and histamine that makes people non compliant taking huge doses of vitamin b3(niacin) and how it creates acid in the gut sometimes.

The key thing to all this is preventing inflammation. Once inflammation starts the arteries get all fucked up in the heart and blockages occur. You dont want to have all this conventional medicine shit. Stents are a nightmare. Same with all the antiplatelet shit. Plavix, prasugrel, ticagrelor all shit to be avoided as long as possible. If needed take all the medicines but the best solution is to stay the fuck out of the medical system.

Statins are fucked up. They screw with the fats in the brain. Short term memory and long term retrieval problems oftentimes. I work in a hospital, cardiac side of things. Medicine is evidence based. The shit must work or the insurance wont pay the doctors.

And this is why medicine today is so fucked up. They look at symptoms instead of the underlying cause of the problem. YES statins do absolutely work at reducing cholesterol BUT cholesterol is NOT the problem, its a side effect of a bigger problem. Instead of addressing the underlying problem they throw meds at hiding symptoms which usually just causes different, more often worse, problems.

Cholesterol is NOT the problem, its a symptom and the sooner people realize that and treat the underlying problem, cholesterol will go down on its own.

Of course cholesterol is somewhat hereditary but that aside its been clearly documented that a few things will drive up cholesterol.

Exposure to toxins, especially from dental work, amalgum fillings leeching toxins into our bodies. Root canals are always infected and leach toxins into the body. The close proximity to the heart and the major arties means these toxins get pumped right to the heart.

As we age a chronic vitamin C deficiency leads to localized scurvy in the arteries. Without vit C, lysine and proline to repair the damage the body relies on cholesterol to patch damaged areas of the arteries to prevent rupture. If nutrient levels are low too long this has the unfortunate effect of causing arterial sclerosis which is totally avoidable and reversable by restoring essential nutrients.

All of the above is pretty well documented but you will never see any major studies done on it because what would all the drug companies do if people were no longer fooled into thinking they needed their bullshit meds? What would all the hospitals do with their fancy cardiac wards?

And this is why medicine today is so fucked up. They look at symptoms instead of the underlying cause of the problem. YES statins do absolutely work at reducing cholesterol BUT cholesterol is NOT the problem, its a side effect of a bigger problem. Instead of addressing the underlying problem they throw meds at hiding symptoms which usually just causes different, more often worse, problems.

Cholesterol is NOT the problem, its a symptom and the sooner people realize that and treat the underlying problem, cholesterol will go down on its own.

Of course cholesterol is somewhat hereditary but that aside its been clearly documented that a few things will drive up cholesterol.

Exposure to toxins, especially from dental work, amalgum fillings leeching toxins into our bodies. Root canals are always infected and leach toxins into the body. The close proximity to the heart and the major arties means these toxins get pumped right to the heart.

As we age a chronic vitamin C deficiency leads to localized scurvy in the arteries. Without vit C, lysine and proline to repair the damage the body relies on cholesterol to patch damaged areas of the arteries to prevent rupture. If nutrient levels are low too long this has the unfortunate effect of causing arterial sclerosis which is totally avoidable and reversable by restoring essential nutrients.

All of the above is pretty well documented but you will never see any major studies done on it because what would all the drug companies do if people were no longer fooled into thinking they needed their bullshit meds? What would all the hospitals do with their fancy cardiac wards?

BINGO. Agreed. Awesome post.

you can try vitamin b6 1000mg, they sell on amazon cheap. its considered a statin but doesnt have that muscle wasting effect. Ive tried it and it really works good on lowering ldl. doesnt do much for hdl though.

Top Bottom