Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

An old fart's journey...

dixontj

I’m doing this thread for three reasons… 1) to potentially help other males in a similar situation as myself, 2) to provide feedback on a handful of products provided by sponsors on this board, and 3) to give some impetus for vendors to consider another target market outside of bodybuilding that may prove lucrative for their businesses.

Quick personal background… I am 54, former athlete in high school & college (football, wrestling, golf). Body type: mesomorph, height 6’-2”, weight 250 lbs. Up until an injury ~18 mos. ago did exercise regularly and weighed 210 which I was fine with. Personality is typical Type A overachiever. Engineering degree from top school, MBA program during career, engineering management in 20’s, executive management in 30’s, both Fortune 500 and Silicon Valley startup work environments. For past 6 years have been semi-retired consulting for companies (growth and M&A).

Quick health background… My father had type 2 diabetes so have been practicing low sugar consumption all my life (which I now find out may or may not help my condition). I had arthroscopic knee surgery in mid-30’s when doctor declared I had “knees of a 70 year old” and “may never walk again.” Cartilage shot at that time and has progressively gotten worse. I have lived with it but have become less mobile over the years. This is not so much due to the knees (and now hips) themselves which I have found can be protected through correct movement, supplements and exercise, but more due the chronic pain-to-inflammatory cycle I was/am on. In the past 4 to 5 years this hyper-inflammation has accelerated to the point I limp/hobble and at times need to use a cane.

Why I am at Elitefitness.com… As stated in the moniker below my user name, I am not a bodybuilder, so why am I here? In the past 7 or 8 years two separate, but only recently linked (in my mind), health issues requiring steroid-related treatment impacted my quality of life. First was ~8 years ago as I was ending my corporate career, I had ballooned to nearly 300 lbs. I underwent HCG treatment for weight loss via a chiropractor and partner doctor. During the regimen I experienced a couple of positive effects besides weight loss, namely, elimination of joint pain and deep, restful sleep. Second instance was a recent bout with severe pneumonia in which the doctor prescribed prednisone. While on the prednisone/antibiotic combination, and then another round of prednisone alone, I had complete cessation of joint pain. This second steroidal/hormonal manipulation that improved my quality of life forced me to take notice and start “looking around.” It was clear that the bodybuilding industry knew more about steroids and hormonal change than any other industry, including the mainstream medical field, thus my reason for joining here and some other related forums, groups, etc.

Goals… At the high level it is improving my near-handicapped condition so I can enjoy years of quality life with my wife, kids and grandkids. To get there it is really a combination of controlled weight/body fat loss and elimination, or at least management of, the joint pain in my body.

First, it seems like nutrients are a typical area of discussion in this subforum, so before proceeding, probably best to just post my daily intake of supplements. Below the typical RDA categories are summarized. On top of this I’m on a regimen of Gluc/Chondrit/MSM for joints and broad mix of trace amino acids (typically found in high quality supplements).

The next post I will get into the research, tests, etc. I have done over the past 60 to 90 days and what I have discovered about my condition and why I think I am a good “guinea pig” to represent my demographic. I will then give the specific “what’s” and “why’s” of my choice of steroid and SARMs products to address my condition. Later, and in ongoing posts, I will be giving updates as to my blood tests, treatment observations and results, positive or negative. Thanks in advance to any that choose to join my experimental “journey” documented here.

First, it seems like nutrients are a typical area of discussion in this subforum, so before proceeding, probably best to just post my daily intake of supplements. Below the typical RDA categories are summarized. On top of this I’m on a regimen of Gluc/Chondrit/MSM for joints and broad mix of trace amino acids (typically found in high quality supplements).

The next post I will get into the research, tests, etc. I have done over the past 60 to 90 days and what I have discovered about my condition and why I think I am a good “guinea pig” to represent my demographic. I will then give the specific “what’s” and “why’s” of my choice of steroid and SARMs products to address my condition. Later, and in ongoing posts, I will be giving updates as to my blood tests, treatment observations and results, positive or negative. Thanks in advance to any that choose to join my experimental “journey” documented here.

Dixontj, don't waste your money on gluco/chon combos. The money I spent on that bullshit can have a '70's Roadrunner in my lot now! They do nothing for the body. Your best bet is MSM, DMSO, and amino acids L-Lysine and L-Arginine, food, drink, sex, and protein powder. Without that little bit of protein like the way I workout, I'd be a "Pewee Herman". Most folks don't think they work well together, the amino acids. These substances brought me from a puny ass 155lb weakling a fucking 215lb. in year, Without out steroids! Then to gain 240lb and trying hard to maintain. So don't let anyone think think you have take another supp to counter the or that. Maybe I maybe be wrong or right for those that need them take them for those that not HAVE BUD ON ME!

Dixontj, don't waste your money on gluco/chon combos. The money I spent on that bullshit can have a '70's Roadrunner in my lot now! They do nothing for the body. Your best bet is MSM, DMSO, and amino acids L-Lysine and L-Arginine, food, drink, sex, and protein powder. Without that little bit of protein like the way I workout, I'd be a "Pewee Herman". Most folks don't think they work well together, the amino acids. These substances brought me from a puny ass 155lb weakling a fucking 215lb. in a year, Without out steroids! Then to gained 240lb and trying hard to maintain it yrs after. So don't let anyone think think you have taken another supp to counter the or that. Maybe I maybe be wrong or right for those that need them take them for those that can't really achieve IT!

I’m doing this thread for three reasons… 1) to potentially help other males in a similar situation as myself, 2) to provide feedback on a handful of products provided by sponsors on this board, and 3) to give some impetus for vendors to consider another target market outside of bodybuilding that may prove lucrative for their businesses.

Quick personal background… I am 54, former athlete in high school & college (football, wrestling, golf). Body type: mesomorph, height 6’-2”, weight 250 lbs. Up until an injury ~18 mos. ago did exercise regularly and weighed 210 which I was fine with. Personality is typical Type A overachiever. Engineering degree from top school, MBA program during career, engineering management in 20’s, executive management in 30’s, both Fortune 500 and Silicon Valley startup work environments. For past 6 years have been semi-retired consulting for companies (growth and M&A).

Quick health background… My father had type 2 diabetes so have been practicing low sugar consumption all my life (which I now find out may or may not help my condition). I had arthroscopic knee surgery in mid-30’s when doctor declared I had “knees of a 70 year old” and “may never walk again.” Cartilage shot at that time and has progressively gotten worse. I have lived with it but have become less mobile over the years. This is not so much due to the knees (and now hips) themselves which I have found can be protected through correct movement, supplements and exercise, but more due the chronic pain-to-inflammatory cycle I was/am on. In the past 4 to 5 years this hyper-inflammation has accelerated to the point I limp/hobble and at times need to use a cane.

Why I am at Elitefitness.com… As stated in the moniker below my user name, I am not a bodybuilder, so why am I here? In the past 7 or 8 years two separate, but only recently linked (in my mind), health issues requiring steroid-related treatment impacted my quality of life. First was ~8 years ago as I was ending my corporate career, I had ballooned to nearly 300 lbs. I underwent HCG treatment for weight loss via a chiropractor and partner doctor. During the regimen I experienced a couple of positive effects besides weight loss, namely, elimination of joint pain and deep, restful sleep. Second instance was a recent bout with severe pneumonia in which the doctor prescribed prednisone. While on the prednisone/antibiotic combination, and then another round of prednisone alone, I had complete cessation of joint pain. This second steroidal/hormonal manipulation that improved my quality of life forced me to take notice and start “looking around.” It was clear that the bodybuilding industry knew more about steroids and hormonal change than any other industry, including the mainstream medical field, thus my reason for joining here and some other related forums, groups, etc.

Goals… At the high level it is improving my near-handicapped condition so I can enjoy years of quality life with my wife, kids and grandkids. To get there it is really a combination of controlled weight/body fat loss and elimination, or at least management of, the joint pain in my body.

Looks like an autoimmune disease to me.
Get some C3, C4 complement, C-reactive protein, antinuclear and rheumatoid antibodies and Erythrocyte sedimentation rate blood tests.

You may wish to use some Sulfasalazine and Methotrexate to reduce corticosteroid use. But again get checked for autoimmune diseases.

Top Bottom