Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

L- Carnitine injectable

Johnin AZ

Was talking to a guy in my gym about this stuff. He swears by it for fat loss. What do you guys think? Is it bullshit (although I've read decent things about it)? Injects it Sub -Q into his belly twice per week. Not sure of the dosage...maybe 200-250 mg twice per week.?

Last edited:
No personal experience but google turns up a lot going back quite a few years. There seems to be many folks who think this is just run of the mill L- Carnitine but I believe the injectable for burning fat is actually acetyl L-carnitine and I believe some anti-aging clinics offer it. I got some stubbon belly fat id love to melt off if it worked. If you turn up anything interesting, post it up.

No personal experience but google turns up a lot going back quite a few years. There seems to be many folks who think this is just run of the mill L- Carnitine but I believe the injectable for burning fat is actually acetyl L-carnitine and I believe some anti-aging clinics offer it. I got some stubbon belly fat id love to melt off if it worked. If you turn up anything interesting, post it up.

I talked to my clinic and they have it. I'm gonna talk to that guy at the gym some more and see if I can dig up any more intel.

its useful in a stack with green tea, cla, and r-ala.... If I had $50 bucks to spend, I'd go for the r-ala first. Note* be sure its 100% pure R-ala and not a blend....most stores sell a blend....

Zyg,
I have used the injectable Synthetek brand at up to 600mg+ dosages with no real noticeable effect or spot reduction. Also, from what I read, there seems to only be a 10% loss in bioavailability if taken orally. I currently take L-Carnitine (1500mg) and Choline (1400mg) orally pre workout.

Zyg,
I have used the injectable Synthetek brand at up to 600mg+ dosages with no real noticeable effect or spot reduction. Also, from what I read, there seems to only be a 10% loss in bioavailability if taken orally. I currently take L-Carnitine (1500mg) and Choline (1400mg) orally pre workout.

I believe that is just plain L-carnatine and NOT acetyl L-carnitin, big difference from what I understand in injectable spot reduction.

I believe that is just plain L-carnatine and NOT acetyl L-carnitin, big difference from what I understand in injectable spot reduction.

Yes, the label says srtandard L-Carnitine.
If would like to know as well if the Acetyl L-Carnitine does in fact work.

I don't think its a miracle fat burner by any means. Its a good compound to be used in conjunction with other supps for the maximum benefit. Did you know it also is known to significantly increase sperm motility? so if you have bad swimmers, be aware they're joining the varsity when you're on alcar-

for fat burning, I prefer r-ala or even a phospholipid. My rationale: I've never heard of anyone getting sick from taking too much alcar. But, taking too much r-ala (pure r-ala and not the blend) will actually be quite bad. You get sleepy, nauseas, and I've never taken it to this point, but I think you're body would forcibly expel the overdose if you took way too much...

...just my opinion on this. oh, and btw, there's another carnitine which causes heart problems. Its not l-carnitine, but a different one, so be aware there's a few out there and they're not all good.

The effectiveness of oral carnitine is almost non existant as it is almost completely destroyed in the stomach.

You can have a look at the article written about Synthetek's carnitine product - Synthetine. It explains in great detail how and why the product works.

The Science Behind: ‘Synthetine – Lipid (Fat) Transporter’ | Synthetek

The studies I have read state a 10% loss in oral bioavailability of L-Carnitine over the injectable version. I’ll take that 10% loss to save the extra cash it takes for injectable

Got a link with more info?

Top Bottom