Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I finally got TRT! But I have a question

the.gladiator1987

Platinum
So my testosterone level was 262, so I emailed my doctor and he basically said he would put me on testosterone. SO I saw him and told him the symptoms (no sex drive, no energy, minor depression, lack of motivation for anything) and he prescribed me to be on Test Cypionate, 200mg every 2 weeks. I mentioned that I read that every week is better but he pretty much just blew it off and said they usually do every 2 weeks.

He ordered a blood test for me to do in 6 weeks in between shots. He said nothing of HCG, or arimidex, or testing for estrogen or anything else besides blood count and testosterone.

Anyway, Im stoked to be on HRT as I really do need it. But I know that every 2 weeks is going to be an emotional roller coaster for me. I have some extra test laying around and I am wondering if I should inject some in between my regular shots so Im not in such a roller coaster? Or should I just do what he prescribed for the next 6 weeks and wait for the blood test to come back. I wouldnt have a problem self medicating an extra 100-200mg a week on the weeks I dont have any shots. I have heard horror stories of people getting 2x a month or even 1x a month!

Any ideas on what I should do? I already feel better and its only been 10 hours lol

You need to Wait until you can delfinal med. I your test comes back to High he will like you Said, lower your dose until you hit The mark ;)

This post is the official response from the country of sweden.

Is it an hrt doc or a general doc? Either way I would straight up ask him what his approach is and where he would feel comfortable getting your T up to. Most HRT docs have experience with dozens if not hundred of male patients and know that if your >40 mid lab range test levels generally dont do away with all the sides we feel from low T so your going to want to be high lab range. If he comes out and tells you middle lab range then expect challenges. The fact he didnt mention an AI or checking estrogen I have a feeling he is a regular doc looking for mid lab range.

If your going to stick with him I would follow his lead to the T until he gets the point where HE says things are good. If you dont know his game plan and dont follow what he says you may shoot yourself in the foot. When he feels he is done finding where he wants you and your arent feeling good then you have to chose to find a new doc (HRT preferred) or supplement what he is giving you.

Standard is 100-200 mgs once a week. Anything other than that is not a proper HRT.

You may want to use a little a-dex, UNLEASHED and HCg once a month to prevent atrophy but those are things you'll have to get on your own.

Nelson hit it. Some docs want to see where you stand before adding in AI's and HCG. Mine did. He set me up on 100mg ew for 6 weeks then went back for bloods. I was still low for both of our standards so he raised it to 200mg ew. Went back 7 weeks later and I was right where we both had agreed upon me being. He then proscribed me adex but my ins wouldn't allow HCG so I told him I can get that on my own. I went in every 6 weeks for about 7 months I believe and then switched to every 6 months once he knew I was dialed in and set.

Im giving myself the shots, I picked everything up from the pharmacy. The only thing that sucks is that they are 1ml vials, not a 10ml vial, but I guess I could still split up the injections to 100mg 1x/week. He is a general Doc, but was still really cool about everything. he seemed to understand that I needed test. In about 6 weeks I have another blood test to check for blood count and total testosterone. He said if I dont feel better from this then he would get me on anti-depressants, but I know I dont need those.

I will stick to what he is saying, but do 100mg 1x/week instead of 200mg 2x/week. That way I wont be on a roller coaster.

Hey Sherk, when you were still low and he bumped up the doses, did you say you felt good or did you say you still didnt really feel it?

1ml vials. What brand is it you can pm me if you want. I started off on the 10ml vial of a brand and insurance made me switch to 1ml vials and it was a different brand and not nearly as good as the brand that was in the 10ml vial. So i had my doc write my script brand specific so they had to pay for the 10ml vial.

If he is a male doc he will understand, mine let's me hang around 800-900 and I take 200mg ew.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using EliteFitness

1ml vials. What brand is it you can pm me if you want. I started off on the 10ml vial of a brand and insurance made me switch to 1ml vials and it was a different brand and not nearly as good as the brand that was in the 10ml vial. So i had my doc write my script brand specific so they had to pay for the 10ml vial.

If he is a male doc he will understand, mine let's me hang around 800-900 and I take 200mg ew.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using EliteFitness

It is Paddock Laboratories. I think the pharamcist told me that there was a 10ml vial in this one, I think he only ordered the 1ml vials for now since he was going to take me off completely if I didnt feel better. but once I tell him I feel better in 6 weeks, Im sure he will order the 10ml vials from now on.

Damn I wish he bumps it up to 800-900 a week. Well see how I feel though. But I would definitely like to be at the upper range of normal and I dont think 200mg 2x a week will get me there.

Top Bottom