Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Free test levels ok?

PNW

I posted some of this in a earlier thread but wanted to expand a bit more on the numbers.... I recently saw an hrt doctor and had blood work done. Here are my numbers:

Age 41
Test serum (total test): 779
Free (direct) test: 11.3
Sex hormone binding glob, serum: 66.0
TSH: 1.350

He said my total test number was good, but that my free test was too low. He suggested 200mg of test cyp every 10 days. He also said the sex hormone binding glob was too high (if I remember what he said correctly).

Outside of shorter durations (with smaller doses) between treatments (as suggested earlier), do you all agree that the free test is too low? I have those tale tale symptoms of low energy/fatigue, moody (grumpy old man syndrome), less libido as I had a few years ago, etc.

What should I try to get free test up to?

SHBG binds to and ties up sex hormones (ie serum test test) so they cant be used which results in a low free test score.

Once again these numbers are just that, numbers and are affected by a whole slew of things including nutritional state and other hormones in the body. anorexics often have high SHBG values because they have poor nutrition. underactive thyroid often a result of nutritional deficiencies which in turn has a detrimental effect on sex hormones etc etc.

Everything comes down to nutritional deficiencies. Sure you can take test which will raise free and serum test numbers but it wont solve all your problems. By taking in external hormones you are simply treating some of your symptoms and ignoring the underlying problem.

SHBG binds to and ties up sex hormones (ie serum test test) so they cant be used which results in a low free test score.

Once again these numbers are just that, numbers and are affected by a whole slew of things including nutritional state and other hormones in the body. anorexics often have high SHBG values because they have poor nutrition. underactive thyroid often a result of nutritional deficiencies which in turn has a detrimental effect on sex hormones etc etc.

Everything comes down to nutritional deficiencies. Sure you can take test which will raise free and serum test numbers but it wont solve all your problems. By taking in external hormones you are simply treating some of your symptoms and ignoring the underlying problem.

Thank you for the reply, but you didn't really address the question I posed.

Thank you for the reply, but you didn't really address the question I posed.

Actually I did ib a round about way, and you posed 2 questions above.

do you all agree that the free test is too low?

Just to reiterate:

As long as your numbers are "in range" the values are almost meaningless because the change of a few points can have a dramatic impact on how we feel. You asked if free test is "too low"....too low for what? How do you feel? Its all about symptoms and addressing how you feel, nit the numbers.

Secondly, how to get the numbers up. Ive told you everything is interconnected, low lab results and symptoms indicate your body is not functioning optimally, to address this you need to look at supplementation of nutrients to address your shortcomings and in turn I directed you to the sticky thread at the top of this forum. Its not an easy one size fits all approach, everyone is different.

Going on TRT is an option but it does not address the underlying problem, it just addresses the low free T, the problem still exists and will likely just slowly get worse over time if ignored.

Actually I did ib a round about way, and you posed 2 questions above.

do you all agree that the free test is too low?

Just to reiterate:

As long as your numbers are "in range" the values are almost meaningless because the change of a few points can have a dramatic impact on how we feel. You asked if free test is "too low"....too low for what? How do you feel? Its all about symptoms and addressing how you feel, nit the numbers.

Secondly, how to get the numbers up. Ive told you everything is interconnected, low lab results and symptoms indicate your body is not functioning optimally, to address this you need to look at supplementation of nutrients to address your shortcomings and in turn I directed you to the sticky thread at the top of this forum. Its not an easy one size fits all approach, everyone is different.

Going on TRT is an option but it does not address the underlying problem, it just addresses the low free T, the problem still exists and will likely just slowly get worse over time if ignored.

Sorry, which sticky should I read about getting free T up with supplements/naturally?

Top Bottom