Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

19, test 197ng/dl: Should I do HRT?

themeta

So I hope this makes an interesting first post. I just wanted some insight on things I should be aware of when approaching the topic of HRT. How can I avoid the bull and make sure I'm getting something that works, incase my doctor is an idiot.

Some back story: I'm 19 years old, never used AS, never used pro hormones, diagnosed with ADHD. I've been hitting the gym since I was 17, never made any dramatic gains. Had a stint with some hard drugs (cocaine, acid, shrooms, and prescriptions during my first semester of university.

I read up on ADHD and low T levels, apparently there was a correlation. So I asked for some blood work. T3-T4 are within normal ranges but on the low low side. Test is 197ng/dl the test says standard ranges are 241-827ng/dl. My doctor upon seeing this said and I quote

"Your Vitamin D level is appropriate. Lastly, your testosterone level is indeed low. I think this may explain some, or all of your symptoms, certainly will explain decreased libido. I think that the next appropriate step will be for you to see Endocrinology, and I will be happy to make that referral. "

I'm hoping for test cyp injections once a week. I'm hoping for them to put me around 800-1000ng/dl levels. What's some general information I should know before going in there? Anyone on HRT now that can give me some insight on how it is for you? Thanks for reading.

~~~~~CLIFFFFFFFS~~~~~

-19, low test @ 197ng/dl
-Wants to go on HRT, doctor agrees
-Wants some general information about it
-How do I ge them to put me on the high end of HRT
-Changes of getting a super physiological dose??

So I hope this makes an interesting first post. I just wanted some insight on things I should be aware of when approaching the topic of HRT. How can I avoid the bull and make sure I'm getting something that works, incase my doctor is an idiot.

Some back story: I'm 19 years old, never used AS, never used pro hormones, diagnosed with ADHD. I've been hitting the gym since I was 17, never made any dramatic gains. Had a stint with some hard drugs (cocaine, acid, shrooms, and prescriptions during my first semester of university.

I read up on ADHD and low T levels, apparently there was a correlation. So I asked for some blood work. T3-T4 are within normal ranges but on the low low side. Test is 197ng/dl the test says standard ranges are 241-827ng/dl. My doctor upon seeing this said and I quote

I'm hoping for test cyp injections once a week. I'm hoping for them to put me around 800-1000ng/dl levels. What's some general information I should know before going in there? Anyone on HRT now that can give me some insight on how it is for you? Thanks for reading.

~~~~~CLIFFFFFFFS~~~~~

-19, low test @ 197ng/dl
-Wants to go on HRT, doctor agrees
-Wants some general information about it
-How do I ge them to put me on the high end of HRT
-Changes of getting a super physiological dose??

Read the low T sticky at the top of this forum. You have a lot of problems and they are all nutritionally related. Drugs are not going to fix you.

Man, I've been there. I started HRT at 18 with the gels and patches... That's what they started me with. After not seeing much success with those, I started self hrt. Was 137 lbs at 6'1 when I started, jumped into the 180's after a year.

Was also diagnosed with ADHD, OCD, and anxiety, from my experience, these were symptoms of my low T.

Quality of life is better than I could have ever imagined. But my advice: consult several doctors, find one willing to work with you. If it is due to testicular injury or opiate/cocaine abuse, then typically nutritional/supplements can get you "in range." But getting at the top of the range is where it needs to be to experience better quality of life!

Make sure you discuss ways to maintain fertility with your doctor. Mine has me on HCG at 250 iu 2x a week. Keeps my sperm count up.

Best of luck, brotha! Pm me if you have any questions.

nwamuscle, your not sharing your whole story and the fact your low T is due to testicular damage. Your comparing apples and oranges here and your half story can lead people down the wrong path. Turning to TRT when your not even 20 and there is no physical trauma as the root cause then the problem is almost always going to be related to other issues, nutritional, toxic or pathogenic in nature of a combination. Failure to try and itentiy the problem now, ignoring it and just jumping on TRT doses of test is going to lead to exponentially increasing problems and the undiagnosed true source of the issues go ignored.

Zyglamail...My apologies, I should have included my whole story. My low t was due to testicular injury.

I know it sucks, and depressions can push you towards trt... But make sure your physician has tried all options.

For some, it can be fixed with changes in nutrition, sleep, etc. But in my case, trt seemed to be the only option. Just fight through it and don't make any rash decisions yet. Consult more physicians if needed. To be honest, I think trt gives me better quality of life than before... But honestly, Id pick to have my problem "fixed" any day.

Blessings!

who gets their T tested at such a young age? people want to manufacture problems out of thin air, I find it absurd

I didn't even run my first hormone panel till I was in my very late 20's and that was only because I started using roids. I find it amazing how today every teenager has some sort of problem with them that has to be treated with drugs, drugs, and more drugs. nevermind that I-phones, I pods, I whatever, video games, nonstop tv, facebook, myspace and all that other crap kids are into are ruining their brains and bodies. I volunteer as a coach in high school and I walked into the room and EVERY kid in class had their I-whatever or cell phones in their hands texting or playing on them. wtf is going on ? the blame falls on the parents who are too fucking lazy to take care of their kids so they let these devices babysit them.

also to the OP you haven't even fully developed yet regardless so running a hormone panel as a teen is pointless. your levels don't peak until your early to mid 20's in some cases.

who gets their T tested at such a young age? people want to manufacture problems out of thin air, I find it absurd

I didn't even run my first hormone panel till I was in my very late 20's and that was only because I started using roids. I find it amazing how today every teenager has some sort of problem with them that has to be treated with drugs, drugs, and more drugs. nevermind that I-phones, I pods, I whatever, video games, nonstop tv, facebook, myspace and all that other crap kids are into are ruining their brains and bodies. I volunteer as a coach in high school and I walked into the room and EVERY kid in class had their I-whatever or cell phones in their hands texting or playing on them. wtf is going on ? the blame falls on the parents who are too fucking lazy to take care of their kids so they let these devices babysit them.

also to the OP you haven't even fully developed yet regardless so running a hormone panel as a teen is pointless. your levels don't peak until your early to mid 20's in some cases.

I got my test checked out of curiosity when I was having blood work done for other things. Feeling like shit all the time, low to no libido, accompanied with slight erectile disfunction could very well be low T. My test shouldn't be 197 no matter what at my age.

As to the comment regarding my diet, I'm one of those anal people who tracks their macros. I've tried eating at a surplus, mait, and deficit. My fats were in check, never going below 70g. I get my omega threes in and I supplement with D3 5000iu everyday. I'm hardly deficient in my micros. Eating 90% "bro" foods and am more or less eating every color of the gosh darn rainbow when it comes to veggies.

As to the comment regarding my diet, I'm one of those anal people who tracks their macros. I've tried eating at a surplus, mait, and deficit. My fats were in check, never going below 70g. I get my omega threes in and I supplement with D3 5000iu everyday. I'm hardly deficient in my micros. Eating 90% "bro" foods and am more or less eating every color of the gosh darn rainbow when it comes to veggies.

Its this kind of ignorance that gets people into trouble. Your diet is perfectly fine so then you know supplementing D3 at 5000IU a day for any length of time when not consumed with proper amounts of vit A and K can actually cause calcification of soft tissue and excess magnesium uptake which if your not getting enough can cause issues.

Since you track all your macros and are up to speed on all this then your also getting >4700mg of potassium a day from your diet right?

Then you are also aware that iodine is crucial the function of sex glands not to many just about every glad in the body and that 95% of people with any sort of medical problem are deficient in iodine.

good luck! have fun!

Its this kind of ignorance that gets people into trouble. Your diet is perfectly fine so then you know supplementing D3 at 5000IU a day for any length of time when not consumed with proper amounts of vit A and K can actually cause calcification of soft tissue and excess magnesium uptake which if your not getting enough can cause issues.

Since you track all your macros and are up to speed on all this then your also getting >4700mg of potassium a day from your diet right?

Then you are also aware that iodine is crucial the function of sex glands not to many just about every glad in the body and that 95% of people with any sort of medical problem are deficient in iodine.

good luck! have fun!

The potassium is in check. I use sea salt on my eggs in the morning. If i'm not mistaken, I shouldn't be deficient in iodine.

The potassium is in check. I use sea salt on my eggs in the morning. If i'm not mistaken, I shouldn't be deficient in iodine.

There is a lot more to being iodine sufficient than just iodine consumption. And if you think sea salt if providing you all the iodine you need cause you sprinkle some on your eggs in the morning you better spend some time doing some reading.

Im not going to try and convince you of anything but for someone who has their nutrition totally on track, you have more issues than most middle aged people I know who actually do get all the nutrients they need.

As far as your inquiries into test, we dont give AAS advice to folks under 21 here. If you have such a problem go get a doc to take care of you.

Good luck.

Top Bottom