Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does Apple Cider Vinegar help with Acid Reflux?

TheMoth

Has anybody here ever used Apple Cider Vinegar, speficially to fight acid reflux?

I get really, really bad acid reflux, and I've been told by several people that apple cider vinegar would help. A quick google search gives me all sorts of information about apple cider vinegar, but I'm not sure I want to start taking it, until I know it's something that would be beneficial too me.

Any thoughts?

Never heard of that one before, but a google search of my own shows some people have used it yes.

If the reflux is as bad as you say I would recommend seeing a gastroenterologist. You may have GERD and require medication.

it only helps if you are having the acid reflux do to a lack of acid in the stomach. if you take it and it makes the acid reflux worse then you know it means your stomach is over acidic. i've used it before with success. try it, won't hurt ya

I'm big on ACV. I take a shot of it all the time.

Yes, it does combat Acid Reflux. But don't take it on an empty stomach. And if you do, drink a large glass of water following. Don't do more than 2 tlbs at a time

No, vinegar is an acid! If you have acid that refluxes into your esophagus, this could only make it worse. There is no logic or medical reasoning that apple cider vinegar would help whatsoever, in fact, it would only raise the acidity of the stomach. When in fact, the treatment is to use a proton pump inhibitor to turn OFF the acid in your stomach. What moron would tell you to put more acid into the stomach?
Some people do have problems with digestion where a tablespoon of vinegar is prescribed, but that is rare.

There are several treatment options. One is prevacid, once prescription, now over the counter. Or nexium about twice as potent and prescription only. Also, you can elevate the head of your bed a few inches as gravity prevents the acid from refluxing while you sleep and damaging your esophagus.

Also, you could go see a doctor who specializes in acidreflux. I am sure there are many numerous sites on prevention of acid reflux. Generally though it is to keep the acid out of your esophagus, not introducing more with vinegar and especially apple cider vinegar which can actually chemically burn your throat.

I am a vinegar junkie. Not b/c I think it does many any good from a medical standpoint. I just love the taste of vinegar to the complaint of some women at our medical office when I mix it with cucumbers from the hospital salad bar and let it sit.

Rather than cure me of anything, it is probably increasing my risk of esophageal and stomach cancer as seen in Koreans whose diet is notoriously high in pickled (vinegar/acidic) foods.

It is proven though to be a strong and effective placebo! It is as effective as sugar at making gullible patients believe they are doing better.

Top Bottom