Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Back pain from deads?

lavi

A few hours after I deadlift my back hurts and I feel it the next day too. Is this just how the lower back gets sore, or should I be worried?

I've had a professional bodybuilder show me how to do them correctly (not a powerlifter, but he should know what he's doing :p ) and from all the information on the net and just based on how I feel, I really think I'm doing them with proper form.

I've been deadlifting ~2months, starting at a very low weight...

Thanks

good ?I have been working out hard for about 2 yrs. I have just started doing deads . I have been told they are one of the best ways to build mass. I have been doing them for about 6 weeks and have had some mild back pain(lower) I have worked through it thinking it was a new exercise and it would eventually become less painful. It hurts me the same every time and I have come to the conclusion that I am in fact doing them correctly but I just lack the muscle support to do them . I will continue for a bit and see if I still have the mild pain afterwards. I am aware that my back and shoulders are weak points in my physique. Dont know if I helped but I thought I would throw it out there. I am sure more experienced guys on here can be of more help. good luck

Thanks for the reply, looks like we both need some input here :)

At least I'm not the only one...

First, it is good that you are starting with low weights. Approaching deads this way will help you to practice your form and get it down straight so that you can avoid injury. It is hard to tell if what you describe is pain or just soreness. I have almost always equated any type of sensation in my lower back as pain due to minor back problems. However, as I have gotten more into training and learned to listen to my body, I can now tell the difference between pain and soreness. I did deads today and my back is very sore right now, and will be worse tomorrow. But, I can tell that it is not a "bad" kind of pain. Sorry to be so vague about answering your question (perhaps more knowledgeable people here can help more), but this is the best way I can answer. My advice would be to make sure you are using low weights in order to get your form down. There are some links to videos in the Training Forum that show proper DL form you might wanna check out.
You also might get better responses in the Training Forum. good luck.

I started deads around 6 months ago and i was slightly confused as to whether or not I was experiencing pain as well.

I just base it off how long the feeling stays. If it's a couple days, then it indicates to me soreness......but if it was longer than that I would prolly hit up a chiro and see what he says

I get a little ache in my lower back, but my ass and traps get really sore. I have had pain if I go to heavy, so I take it easy. Pay attention to your body. Pains a good warning.

Well I'd call it a "medium ache"... Yet I deadlifted yesterday and today I'm feeling a sensation in my lower back (sore i guess), but its not really painful . It never lasts more than a few days.

Maybe I'm just used to thinking of lower back "aches" as bad?

Thanks for the replies, I just want to be sure I'm not messing myself up!

like squats deads are a difficult and great mass building exercise. also like squats ya gotta be careful in your form. it is easy to hurt your lower back with too much weight and bad technique.

Is the pain located in the center of your back, where the spinal column is? I know when I get pain like that, or soreness from deads rather, it's usually located to the left and right of my spinal column, and feels deeply set in the muscle tissue instead. It could be tiny muscles in your back stabilizing the weight. I used to get this with box squats when I put 450 on my neck the first time. Then it went away.

Top Bottom