sudafed,lactating,prolactin gyno. What is all has in common.

Posted: 05-May-2009 08:29 PM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about sudafed,lactating,prolactin gyno. What is all has in common. within the Gynecomastia category.

Excerpt: So I was working with a fairly new member. Helping him with his gyno. We had been using letro,bromo and nolva off and on. Working with the doses like I always do. It seems his gyno was improving but the lactating and bit of puffiness that comes with it would not go the hell away. Even with the bromo 2.5mg twice a day ( I think that was the dose) ....

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 05-May-2009, 08:29 PM   #1
United States
So I was working with a fairly new member. Helping him with his gynecomastia. We had been using letro,bromo and nolva off and on. Working with the doses like I always do. It seems his gynecomastia was improving but the lactating and bit of puffiness that comes with it would not go the hell away. Even with the bromo 2.5mg twice a day ( I think that was the dose) ... Anyway long story short he took it on himself to take some high dosed sudafed 500mg ED spread out threw out the day. Well 3-4 days of that and the lactating is gone and the puffiness Is almost gone as well.

So I did some researching.
Pseudoephedrine: effects on milk production in women and estimation of infant exposure via breastmilk
there is a comple more studies like this one. 60-mg dose 4 times daily reduced prolactin and lactation. This of course was for a woman who will normally have higher prolactin .

So In a male who should not have high prolactin and the body really does not produce a lot of it, and then mega dosing it like this person did (taking a manly dose lol) it seems this is enough to lower prolactin plasma levels and suppress lactation.

Just something to think about and maybe start discussing.
Gallery of needtogetaas  
Lifetime Supporter of EliteFitness.com!
Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Re: sudafed,lactating,prolactin gyno. What is all has in common.

Old 05-May-2009, 10:53 PM   #2
United States
Sure it wasnt just the bromo kicking in. I would have chose winstrol or dostinex. Definately dry the old sinus's out but probably not the most feasable method. , even klonopin suppresses prolactin to some degree thus negating bad sexual side effects you may get from taking SSRI's. Kinda like Dostinex only not as good.
Gallery of galaxy  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 05-May-2009, 10:54 PM   #3
Colombia
From a runny nose to a runny nip, who would have thunk it! Thanks for that info.
Gallery of lookinfit75  

Old 05-May-2009, 11:08 PM   #4
United States
Quote posted by Galaxy View Post
Sure it wasnt just the bromo kicking in. I would have chose winstrol or dostinex. Definately dry the old sinus's out but probably not the most feasable method. , even klonopin suppresses prolactin to some degree thus negating bad sexual side effects you may get from taking SSRI's. Kinda like Dostinex only not as good.
Np he was off the bromo for a wile .
Gallery of needtogetaas  
Lifetime Supporter of EliteFitness.com!
Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...

Old 06-May-2009, 11:05 AM   #5

I just want to say another thanks to needto for helping me with this gynecomastia...

I doubt it was the bromo kicking in I was on it for nine weeks...I ordered caber but i ran out of bromo before it could get to me so i tried the sudafed and its working

I do think it was a combo effect of evrything I took

so again thanks to needto for helping me out with this problem cause it sucks lactating
Gallery of chris31  

Old 06-May-2009, 12:28 PM   #6
United States
The maximum recommended dose of Sudafed PE is 60 mg/day (prescription strength, 2 tablets 3 times a day).
I hope his blood pressure did not go through the roof.
Gallery of LoneTree  

Old 06-May-2009, 12:52 PM   #7
United States
Sudafed = Ephedrine? And would that mean it could help with prolactin gynecomastia with Deca-Durabolin - nandrolone decanoate - , trenbolone, etc?

If that's the case, great! I love ephedrine anyway lol
Gallery of ConanX  

Old 06-May-2009, 02:39 PM   #8

sudafed=Pseudoephedrine
Gallery of chris31  

Old 06-May-2009, 03:44 PM   #9
United States
Quote posted by chris31 View Post
sudafed=Pseudoephedrine
Actually, Sudafed has a new formulation (Sudafed PE)that does not contain Pseudoephedrine.
Pseudoephedrine can be very easily converted to methamphematine.
Gallery of LoneTree  

Old 06-May-2009, 03:52 PM   #10
United States
Quote posted by LoneTree View Post
Actually, Sudafed has a new formulation (Sudafed PE)that does not contain Pseudoephedrine.
Pseudoephedrine can be very easily converted to methamphematine.
That hillbilly is the devil
Gallery of enacer420nj