Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Had bikini laser...

Thandie

Elite Mentor
Platinum
Just came back from having my bikini lasered. I have been getting done my upper lip, underarm and anywhere I need zaped, but was holding off for the bikini bc my laser therapist is a guy and I was a bit shy. Anyway, he said "do you want the top removed"? I said, yeah take it off.

I came home completely BOLD. OMG, how long will it take to grow out? As you know it varies bc my underarms take for-e-v-e-r.

Other then that; I love it!!!!!!!

Well, I guess no one had it done here and could give me feed back.
Where's Bikinimom when I need her??:worried:

LOL You were reading my mind. Have been shaving my hoohah in preperation for having this done too. I've been getting Brazilians either waxed/sugared for nearly ten years now. After 5 treatments to my chin, I have to say that I don't see any new growth in a month or so even though I have been on HRT for almost as long.

I want to get my underarms and bikini done but I've been holding off to see bout how many treatment would take for my chin and some stray hairs above my lip to be done, not to mention I am NOT looking forward to the pain. :( But I AM looking forward to NO MORE HAIR.

May I ask the price? I know you are in NYC so it will be pricey. I had my chin done for 1K! (Talk about getting ripped off, but they charged PER AREA, not session so dammit, I will keep going back for the next 20 years if I have to to get my money's worth. LOL) I got a price from a tech in my endocrinologist's office for a fraction so I will definitely go to her. Hers are packages of 6 treatments. She told me if there is ANY re-growthin within a year then she would zap you for a marginal fee - sounded reasonable to me.

Lotta combination of doc's offices offering other anti-aging protocols cropping up. :)

There you are! :)

I had been waxing since the 70's and little by little have been switching to laser.
FYI, different areas grow at different rate. Undearms is one of the best areas. A barely have new hair coming out, even after 3 months or so since my last session.
The face is the worst area. I must say, if they promise you to zap it after a certain time for a fraction of the fee, that's a good deal. Here, you just keep going. I've been getting laser on areas of my face for 7 years and it still coming out.
The bikini is the one area that grows the at slower rate, so I hear. So is the best investment. I waited this long bc I was embarrassed to have my hoochy in front of some guy, but he's actually very professional and didn't really cared. Phew!

In NYC is usually $200 per area, which is pricey, but every thing is pricey here. I did found this guy who is more reasonable and has been doing laser for over 20 years. He's the best I've found.

Anyway, I'm BOLD now, and I'd like a goatee (sp)LOL! SO I have to wait for new hair to come. I don't know how he managed to get rid of it all. I was very careful not to expose myself, but somehow he did. LOL!

There you are! :)

I had been waxing since the 70's and little by little have been switching to laser.
FYI, different areas grow at different rate. Undearms is one of the best areas. A barely have new hair coming out, even after 3 months or so since my last session.
The face is the worst area. I must say, if they promise you to zap it after a certain time for a fraction of the fee, that's a good deal. Here, you just keep going. I've been getting laser on areas of my face for 7 years and it still coming out.
The bikini is the one area that grows the at slower rate, so I hear. So is the best investment. I waited this long bc I was embarrassed to have my hoochy in front of some guy, but he's actually very professional and didn't really cared. Phew!

In NYC is usually $200 per area, which is pricey, but every thing is pricey here. I did found this guy who is more reasonable and has been doing laser for over 20 years. He's the best I've found.

Anyway, I'm BOLD now, and I'd like a goatee (sp)LOL! SO I have to wait for new hair to come. I don't know how he managed to get rid of it all. I was very careful not to expose myself, but somehow he did. LOL!

I forgot to clarify this. When you get bikini or underarm laser, I suggest to use a numbing cream or it WILL hurt; especially the bikini area.
When I said is $200 per area, I meant for small areas like the upper lip, and the chin area would be a another area. Legs, arms or stomach would be more.

HAhahahaa

I have a bit of art *cough* done where the goatee would go so that is a NO GO for laser there. If I'd zap the hair, then I would zap the art which puts me in a bit of a quandry. LOL

How far on the bikini line do they go? Do they go far to the legs? and what about the happy trail? I grew a bunny tail (that ain't so sexy LOL) in my 30's.

LOL! is up to you if you want brazilian, which leaves the goatee or (forgot what's called for the whole thing off). I get brazilian, just didn't realized he got the whole thing off. Snicky!

This guy happens to be very thorough, which is why I like him. So, he did go down the back of my leg. Painful there, BTW!
He goes beyond from where he should. The happy trail goes too! If I think I know what you're talking about. LOL!

Just make sure you get the cream an hour before laser, or it will hurt ALOT..

I paid ONE THOUSAND FOR MY FREAKING CHIN! (Yea, they saw me coming but I was afraid to mess up by not going to a dermatologist/cosmetic surgeon because it was MY FACE.)

I got the numbing cream on my face w/the exception of the last time and it didn't hurt any less, but maybe that is because I've had several treatments already it the hair were far less thick. I know when the laser hit the bottom side of my jawbone I felt like I was in an episode of Bully Beatdown. LOL

I will DEF get the numbing cream for my hoohah. I'm very thenthitive *down there*. :biggrin:

$1000 for how many sessions? I pay everytime I go. But this guy is pretty good. So, it comes out to $500 for face, underarm, bikini and the middle of my abs. Rather then $1000. That's every 2 months I get it done.

My face doesn't hurt at all, but even with the cream I can tell the bikini could be really bad.

It was a thousand bucks for MY CHIN!... unlimited sessions. If it took 5, then it took 5 sessions. If it will take 500 hundreds session, the I will go back 500 hundred times.

Yea, I know, I got hosed. But I look at it like this. I spent waaaaaaaaay too much but I had a good result (didn't know that it was A TECH that does the lasering NOT the doctor) and have learned about the whole topic WIHTOUT scarring my face. Facial scarring from botched laser was my primary concern.

I'm glad I had it done but I would have been waaaaaaaaaay happier if it only cost me 200 hundred bucks. LOL

My has cost me $5600 just for lips so far. Remember, I have to pay everytime I go. So you did good, I guess. LOL!
I don't see this stopping anytime soon. It keeps growing, but thin and sparse.

I'm very glad I have been doing this as well. Waxing is just awful! But we didn't now that..

You guys gave me the courage to do the bikini and underarm.
I too am working on my chin and see very good results.
It seems like here in Hawaii is cheaper than in the mainland, For the Brazilian biquini it is 500 for 4 session and yu get one free, they have this month the specila that if you get the biquini you can 1/2 off the undearm that is 440 dor 4+1 so it came to 220.
The chin is 100 per session but if you get 4 it is 400 but you also get a free one.
I usually take a pain killer before the chin and it helps a lot. I am afraid of the pain for the underarm and biquini will have my first appointment tomorrow, let's see how that goes.

Hi - I work in NYC - may I ask where you went? I haven't had anything done yet but always see ads in the 'free' papers and have read mixed reviews about them on the internet.

Thanks - P

Hi - I work in NYC - may I ask where you went? I haven't had anything done yet but always see ads in the 'free' papers and have read mixed reviews about them on the internet.

Thanks - P

I'll send you a PM with the contact information.

Top Bottom