Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Newbie- Help with gaining weight/mass.

miky_94

Hey ladies,
Hoping to pick up some advice on gaining some weight/ mass. I feel way too thin and withdrawn.

Currently at 42kg/ 92.5lbs. 5ft 4.
Im finding that over the past 2 or so years im losing weight and its continuing. Doctor ran tests etc, nothing abnormal for my age.

Any suggestions welcome on ways to gain weight or increase appetite and what foods i should be focused on.
I assume i should be focusing mainly on weight bearing activity and keeping cardio to a minimum.

Keen to learn and open to all suggestions [emoji123] [emoji4]

Eat more. I would stick to weight training and lessen your cardio. Increase your carbs. Don't really know what to say...

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness.com - Anabolic Steroids, Bodybuilding

In my experience being naturally thin and having a small appetite is right up there with having naturally curly hair, if you get my drift.

You are underweight for your height. I know you said that you test as healthy but take a few minutes and Google "symptoms of hyperthyroidism" (high thyroid) anyway. Sometimes thyroid hormone may read within normal range but you have the physical symptoms of hyperthyroidism (that's what happened to me, except my thyroid was low) and you could use that to discuss the issue further with your doctor. If you have many of the physical symptoms of hyperthyroidism and your GP still doesn't want to help you, then you need to discuss it with an endocrinologist. However, if you're ABSOLUTELY positive your thyroid is alright and it's really that you're not much of a food person then first thing, get into the habit of eating.

Our bodies are remarkably adaptable. If you teach your body it's not going to get fed, it learns to stop expecting food. Make SURE you eat three meals and at least three snacks a day. SCHEDULE IT, PLAN IT, have the food ready and eat on schedule. Don't just shove any old thing in your mouth though, think high quality calories, whole grains, lean proteins, whole fat dairy, whole eggs and include healthy fat in every meal, even if it's just a handful of raw nuts or a few tablespoons of oil (olive, flax, avocado). You could easily increase your daily calories by 500 to 1000 with just adding the nuts and oils and it's not a lot in terms of volume.

Something that will (legally) stimulate your appetite is weight training. Spend a few dollars and treat yourself to some sessions with a trainer, learn the basics, and push it, try to focus on free weights as much as possible. After a few weeks, maybe a month, YOU WILL BE HUNGRY, trust me. If you're weight training regularly and pushing yourself you will wake up and want to eat a bear.

As far as cardio, other than a good brisk walk for cardiovascular health, let it go. I would say keep it to 30 minutes a day, no more, and never on an empty stomach.

Sign up for my fitnesspal or something to track your food and see how many calories your eating a day. Eat more. Drop cardio. I used to be 100lbs at 5"8 years ago before I figured out how to gain :)

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness.com - Anabolic Steroids, Bodybuilding

Thanks so much for your suggestions!!
Will be reading up more on this hyperthyroidism i think. My appetite is pretty good i cook with olive oil all the time i love the stuff and i don't skimp on dairy full fat all the way.
Will get my ass into gear and start weight training more i think. The my fitnesspal app is brilliant i downloaded the other day :) now i know how much i really need to be eating.

Thoughts on whey protein shakes ?
:)

Top Bottom