Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Clothing HELP!!!

musclemom

I Told You So ...
EF VIP
I have a Gala (yes, it's really called that) to go to this coming Saturday night. There's no "dress" code per se but it's expected to dress it up a bit, definitely eclectic (this is a major magickal/wiccan/pagan event), think dressed up with style (maybe early Stevie Nicks), but not formal.

Help. Seriously, help.

I don't know what places sell cool/interesting/unusual clothing in ADULT sizes (I'm NOT a frigging single digit, or a petite, and I'm 5'9" over here).

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ideally, somewhere I can physically go INTO a store and try shit on.

Oh, and uh, I really need to get it by Wednesday because the conference starts Thursday and I won't have any time to shop after then.

Yeah, I'm so fucked ... Gods how I hate shopping.

It is on-line, but I would check e-bay and look for costumes from Leg Avenue. Super sexy, quite cheap, and all sorts of great things like sexy witch, medieval wenches, fairies................................Some of their lace dresses (ankle length) are great as well.

Sex shops also sell leg avenue (although considerably more expensive, may not be as bad in the US as it is an American company), so you may be able to try on sizes or get something in one of these shops.

What city are you in?

I know what great shops are chains in the UK, but it is different for the US.

Any Vintage shops in your area? I have found some really cool things there in the past. However, it's like anywhere else, you gotta hit it when they get their arrivals just in.

Just an idea.

vixensghost said:
Any Vintage shops in your area? I have found some really cool things there in the past. However, it's like anywhere else, you gotta hit it when they get their arrivals just in.

Just an idea.
Not really, they're more in the city, but it's been my observation that most vintage stuff seems to hover in the smaller sizes, anyway.

I swear, a toga made out of a nice black fabric is beginning to look better and better :rolleyes:

tatyana_zadorozny said:
It is on-line, but I would check e-bay and look for costumes from Leg Avenue. Super sexy, quite cheap, and all sorts of great things like sexy witch, medieval wenches, fairies................................Some of their lace dresses (ankle length) are great as well.

Sex shops also sell leg avenue (although considerably more expensive, may not be as bad in the US as it is an American company), so you may be able to try on sizes or get something in one of these shops.

What city are you in?

I know what great shops are chains in the UK, but it is different for the US.
I'm in PA ... I threw online out because I'm so late off the blocks. I should have been thinking about this back in September but OMG I hate shopping! Really find it just loathesome.

Thanks ladies ... it just occurred to me, I have a green velvet full length skirt that has a sort of gypsy feel to it, I've never even worn it. I bought it for a great price without thinking about where I was going to wear it or what I'd pair it with. I might drag that out of the closet and just try to find something to match that up with.

Update: I just tried that skirt on, jesus christ it looks like shit, no wonder it was cheap. It's either cut funny or there isn't enough fabric for it to fall nicely.

I have no idea what a Priscillas is, I'll have to google them.

Hopefully they are not just in my area that way you can walk inside the store and try stuff on.

Another idea is constume rental stores. For about 45 dollars (here) you can rent a costume for 24 hours. It does not have to be a costume per se becuase they also rent to theatres and such. You could probably find something there, I'd almost guarantee it because they have tuxes, and stuff for parties, and character costumes, and dresses from different eras themes, etc. everything. Look under costume in the yellow pages!

I've done it a couple of times for theme parties, I'd bet you would find something really great there ?

Hot Topic is huge out here in Washington.

Hot Topic - dresses

Their clothing is decent; not cheaply made, but not expensive.

Sounds like FUN! Enjoy the party MM! :rose:

musclemom said:
Not really, they're more in the city, but it's been my observation that most vintage stuff seems to hover in the smaller sizes, anyway.

I swear, a toga made out of a nice black fabric is beginning to look better and better :rolleyes:

I've seen several sizes in Vintage stores before! Actually, I think the ladies waaay back then were waaaay curvier, and taller too! I'm a short shit, so I have to have just about everything taken-up or in it seems.

Give the Vintage store another try. Call first so you do not waste your time on a trip into the city.

Do you sew? Perhaps a simple long A-line shirt with a fancier top you already have in the closet? If you sew, you could whip an A-line skirt up in a pinch.

GOOD LUCK! I wish I lived closer, I love to shop. :)

Top Bottom