Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Acne treatments

RottenWillow

Plat Hero
Platinum
Over the last 10 years I've tried a lot of things, most of which haven't really done diddly. A few which have worked well though are (preventative) any masque with 10% sulfur and (breakout tx) prescription clindamycin 1.2%/benzyl peroxide 2.5%. The clindy/bz combo is amazingly effective at facial breakouts.

ladies what treatment(s) have you found to be most effective for you?

anything with sulfur and triclosan (usually found in toothpaste but in some acne treatments)

biggest help for me has been liberal straight tea tree oil morning and evening and every other day .025% retin A morning and evening
the best my skin ever looked was no breaks between ortho tri cyclen (a triphasil usually cant be taken straight through but it worked for me) and very strong tca peel followed by emu oil for two weeks then straight teat tree oil
my skin looked like porcelain then....

I tend to think the tca peel worsened my skin long term tho because I never had blackheads before and now I get them all the time...like the TCA peel damaged the pores or something

Are you scarring? If so, have you tried Accutane? What kind of acne are you talking about? Have you tried laser treatments? Depends on how bad of acne and what you wanna risk.

How about some MSM or Biotin supplements? I am using retin-a, currently, and use a tca home peel at 8% (for fading marks). I will say that the Proactiv system really helped me.

I don't know if it's readily available in America as I'm not sure where it's made, but the best range of skin care products I've come across is called Eucerin. I use the cleanser and toner every day and it's fab for clearing your skin. I only use the 'weak' products now but they have varying strengths I think.

I just wash my face before I go to bed. Wash it with lukewarm water first to open up the pores then use soap (mild soap) then rinse it with cold water to close the pores.

Top Bottom