Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Corticosteroids before competition

elite7777

Does anyone have experience with the use of corticosteroids before competition? I have heard of cyclists taking them before a Time Trial for PED benefits. I believe it helps raise your HR and dulls pain when you are going all out. I am curious what others have taken, when they take it and the mg per lbs.

Cheers~ :eyes:

Only used when had an injury and was still some issues during season. Would take a couple days off then be back a lot sooner. Always helped in that respect but I wouldn't use them before a competition.

Sent from my DROID3 using EliteFitness

Yea, its interesting that they keep coming up in testimony over Lance's doping. Here is some info I found...

Corticosteroids (e.g., cortisone). These drugs reduce inflammation, assist in recovery and can provide a burst of energy and create a temporary feeling of increased energy and well-being. Throughout the relevant time period, corticosteroids were improperly provided to cyclists by team doctors and trainers to increase energy and enhance performance. …

Yes. First time yesterday in a cycling team time trial.
2mg of dexamethasone and actually felt really good. Not jittery like ephedrine but amped up and ready to go. I also noticed my HR actually was down on what it usually did. Woke up this morning after a smash fest tt yesterday, fresh as a daisy and ready to race a crit today. Rode heard out the front all day and only when I stopped did I notice the severe pain from the area where my ham strings join my backside.

Nikko, thanks for the info. I have Prednisone and from what I read it is not as strong as Dexamethasone. I also have a TT coming up this weekend and was looking to give it a try. From what I read Dexamethasone is between 2 and 10 times stronger then Prednisone. Have you or any of your teammates tried Prednisone for a TT? If so, what dosage?

Nikko, thanks for the info. I have Prednisone and from what I read it is not as strong as Dexamethasone. I also have a TT coming up this weekend and was looking to give it a try. From what I read Dexamethasone is between 2 and 10 times stronger then Prednisone. Have you or any of your teammates tried Prednisone for a TT? If so, what dosage?

We are not in the habit of sharing doping info. Lol
Personally I would next time even double the dose of dex so you may be wasting your time if the pred is not as strong. Always worth a try though. Be keen to hear how it goes.

There are readily available studies on use of prednisone 1 week before competition. Increases LT and endurance.

Last edited:
We are not in the habit of sharing doping info. Lol
Personally I would next time even double the dose of dex so you may be wasting your time if the pred is not as strong. Always worth a try though. Be keen to hear how it goes.

What I meant is we don't readily admit to each other what each other may be on at any given time.

There are readily available studies on use of prednisone 1 week before competition. Increases LT and endurance. Works for me.
bikeracer, thanks for the info, can you point me towards those studies? Also, do you have any experience with Prednisone/Corticosteroids?

Top Bottom