Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Building sprinters legs

fiets

I looking for advice, in building up massive sprinters legs. At the moment I am at the gym twice a week, combined with four endurance rides.

I know from previous seasons, that this kind of training will make me faster, but fast is not fast enough..

Will creatine help or should i use something more powerfull?

I've had great success with GW and A DAA supplement...From my experience when I took creatine during my training it did assist in building mass but did nothing for my speed.

Think specifity!

Calculate how many hours you are currently riding per week. Divide this by 10% so if you are riding 8 hours.
8x60=480 480/10=48minutes.

You need to be doing 24 to 48minutes of 'above lactic threshold' riding per week!

Do you know your lactic threshold heart rate?
If not warm up for 10 minutes then turn your Heart rate monitor on ride the next 20minutes as hard as you can maintain.
Get the average HR for the 20min period.
Then deduct 2% from this.
So if you averagef 186bpm deduct 4bpm.
Your 1 hour Lactic threshold is 184bpm.
(See what I did their!) Took 2% off to theoretically shorten the true 1hour test down to 20 minutes.

To bring my sprints up in speed I work on 8 secound sprints in the gym on a spin bike. I get my average power from the first effort.
Say 1280 the last time I did this test.
I run 8secs on 1min very easy cycle. When my power is down 10% I stop the intervals.
These tests are anaerobic (without oxygen) using your ATP-pc energy system.

I may do a cruisy 2 hour ride the next day not riding above my LT!
Then I will do the above test on 30secs with the same format.
Ride the next day 2-3hours below LT infact LT - 4% as a top HR within my ride. I will generally ride between 135 - 155bpm maybe hitting 178 -180on some hills (My LT is 186)

I in most cases will do hillclimbs every week 10% of my riding time and spend 40 odd minutes riding at -4% to +2% LT. Total time.

So I am hitting 'maximal effort' (LT) for 10% of my riding time and anaerobic sprints (generally I dont do these as Im an endurance cyclist) but I will do LT +5 to 6% to raise my Vo2max and cycling speed.

Your lifting should be 12 to 30reps with Power.Your focus is on muscle fibre recruitment specific to your goal. Ie quick tempo hitting 1 to 2 reps shoet of failure on barbell squats, sissy squats and perhaps bulgaroan split squats. I would also recommend hex bar deadlifts. As alot of 'hip hinge' exercise translates directly into cycling!

In affect you are raising your 'functional lactate threshold' by increasing power at Lactic thresholdI would recommend bicsrb doda starying at 3grams a day rsmping upto 9grams a day over 1 week to buffer your acidosis. (Hydrogen ion muscle acidity caused by pyruvate)

Train smart!
Cheers Anthem

Top Bottom