Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bicycling

sm3xypancho123

I find running on a treadmill boring as hell and honestly it hurts my joints to the point where I don't want to run, recently I've been getting into cycling and I love it. No pain at all besides from soreness when I pretend to be "lance Armstrong " Anybody have different opinions and Why?

It's low impact cardio as opposed to medium-high impact cardio.

Your joints aren't taking a beating with every step, just a smooth flowing movement.

$1000 wouldn't even buy one of my wheels!
I did the same thing, took up cycling due to joint problems, now I ride every day and race 4 times a week!

Damn What kind of wheels do you have and do you race with a club or are They actual organized races? I've been wanting to get into stuff like that but I need more training :p

$1000 wouldn't even buy one of my wheels!
I did the same thing, took up cycling due to joint problems, now I ride every day and race 4 times a week!
They must be nice wheels bro! I run Zipps for road, DuraAce for Cyclocross and Stans for MTB.

Mountain biking is my main sport and is great exercise. In Colorado however, it isn't a year round sport. The bikes they have in gyms (recumban or spin cycles etc), are options, but most people go through the motions on those bikes without adequate increase in heart rate. If you use a gym bike (or any gym cardio machine), I strongly suggest a heart rate monitor to keep you at an adequate intensity (some machines have the HRM built in). With mountain biking, especially in hilly terrain, getting adequate heart rate elevation is a non-issue.

Just did about 28 miles with avg speed of 14mph and Max of 31;) windy day though /: I'm training to race maybe do a tri, What about you guys?

Top Bottom